RCA MI 12399 for mic transformer ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

I have a RCA MI 12399 ratio 1:14 primary 250 Ohms secondary is 50 000 Ohms could this be used for a DIY tube mic circuit .....

Thanks

Couldn't hurt to try (in reverse, of course). Worse-case-scenario, your mic will sound wrong, and you'll need a different x-former. I've used Cinemag 1:2 mic preamp input x-formers in reverse for my Royer modded SDC's with no problems.

-James-

250:50K I think you mean? 

Should work fine, kinda like Altec using a mic input backwards in their tube mics. 

Thanks guys yes typo sorry about that...... yes I just wired it onto a M49 circuit I just built (5840 tube tho) it does sound sounds as good as T14/1 From a AKG C28A ..... also just built the MGM Church mic circuit which to me sounds better than the M49 ish circuit with the same T14/1 &  the other parts I have  ,so may try the RCA tran with the church....I have a few un identified mic transformers in my junk box & several sound as good as the T14 in these circuits so thats good

Latest posts

Back