Anyone knowledgeable about DBX racks: 900 vs. 208 vs. 158?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

I was not aware of the earlier 158 and 208 racks until a 208 full of 411 NR modules presented itself to me the other day.  I see in the 900 rack manual that the 410 and 411 modules are listed as OK to work in a 900 rack, but find the 900 series modules I have won't fit in the 208 rack because of a series of notches in the 208 metalwork which guide the circuit board in.  If the backplane connections and PSU are otherwise the same, one could add additional notches to a 208 rack for 900 modules.  I can't find any real info on the 208 or 158 racks out there, seems like something we need to find for the tech documents section.  There is a bit of a 410/411 service manual on the DBX site, but that's it.  Anyone know, or have anything? 

DBX officially says they have no documentation. 

I took the back connector panel off the 208 and the rear of the frame is labeled F-900, so same as the earlier 8 in/out F-900 rack. 
Fuse is 750mA for 100-120v, same as 900 rack. 

What's still foggy is the schematic for the PSU, the connection drawing to the 208's multiple molex connectors that go to the Jones connectors on the rear, and:

the 'spare' 9th module slot has at least PSU connections, and there's a different type Molex connector with fewer pins that it connects to, this doesn't connect at all to the rear panel with the Jones plugs. 

Latest posts

Back