Musikmesse Frankfurt 2013?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyraf

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Hi guys,

Anyone of you going to the music show at Frankfurt on april 10-13?

We (I and my colleague Tim Campbell) will be there with our German distributors (D.A.S. of Hamburg), at Location 5.1 C78 - Wednesday through Friday.

We'll be presenting our Gyraf G21 Magneto-dynamic Infundibulum - a passive clipper with some deeply disturbing consequences..  :D

G21small.JPG

Would be nice to see some of you in person!

Jakob Erland
Gyraf Audio
Denmark
tel: (+45) 5129 2768

nhaudio said:
Did you ever finish the all tube mixer you showed us quite some time ago?

The G16? yep, we finished that alright - but computer mixbus technology caught up with us, and now there's little gained in using external mixbus. We only ever sold a small handful of these units - and mostly to jazz-oriented clients (dunno why though)

http://www.gyraf.dk/tmp/G16.jpg

Jakob E.

Unfortunately, I am not going this year, but our European distributor http://www.audio-import.de will be presenting our High End ribbon microphones Samar MF65 at the location 5.1 B63. Stop by to see and check them out, as well as some other finest and coolest equipment on the planet earth (at the same booth)...

Best, Mark Fouxman

Attachments

• SamarMusikmesse2013.jpg
    SamarMusikmesse2013.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 36
Was a great show this year - we spooked quite a few people with the G21  :eek:

Here's a short presentation vid, shot at the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltb3TZnd6Ug

Jakob E.

It's quite fascinating to watch the meters being moved solely by the excess energy clipped off the audio signal.  :eek:

Jacob and Tim are great guys; it's a joy to see them become more and more popular with each year.

BTW: I picked up a copy of Resolution Magazine at the show and here's what they say about the Presonus ADL700 channel strip: "The EQ is smooth and refined, perhaps not as posh as the Charter Oak PEQ-1 or the Gyraf GXIV, but certainly heading that way".

gyraf said:
Was a great show this year - we spooked quite a few people with the G21  :eek:

Here's a short presentation vid, shot at the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltb3TZnd6Ug

Jakob E.
Very cool! Care to elaborate on more technical details, what principles are involved? If you don't mind disclosing some of it, of course ;D.

Great year for me too!! although I didn't make it to the Musikmesse itself, I got stuck at the Pro light and sound side. I had only one day to cover all my bases, didn't make it to Gyraf...

So, some of you may know that I'm a mastering engineer.  A friend an Infundibulum and I went to hear it the other night. I have to say what I heard was pretty remarkable.  I'm generally a purist, always looking to see how little I an put in the chain but hearing some finished tracks done with the G21 was really interesting.

I've asked my friend if I can spend an evening there working with it soon.  I fear it may be a prelude to a demo in my own room....

Congrats Jakob.

Thanks Ruairi,

We're very interested in knowing what you think - still trying to figure out a way to get the message through to potential customers.

As you have seen, it's not easily explainable because of it's ridiculous high differentness-score - and a steep learning curve should be expected. This including training one's ears to pick up differences, where we could not make a difference before - and that we thus didn't have to focus on.

Luckily, in the end, this tends to become a pretty addictive unit for people that tried it first-hand  ;D

By the way - is this the Paris unit? Don't know if there are other floating around LA area..

Jakob E.

Hi Jakob,

I didn't get back in there yet, I've been home a week from a work trip in Ireland and I'm playing up.  Hopefully I'll get in early in the New Year.  I'm sort of super excited and super dreading it, based on what I've heard so far I'll probably want to buy it!

Have a great Christmas.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Latest posts

Back