FEELER - Analog Allstars 500 series Pultec MEQ-5S - FEELER

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The high boost shapes look much wider than most evidence I can find (official Pultec plots, Manley reissue plots, IOaudio version I built).  That'll make it a somewhat different beast, less exact to original.  I actually prefer it to original, if it ends up that way be sure to have a statement about it, as anyone with originals to compare could take issue. 

Good catch. That's an effect of using the same inductor for both high and low.  As I stated in my previous post, it may not be ideal in terms of L vs DCR = Q, etc, but (it's cheaper for such small quantities AND IMHO) it makes the high boost much more useful, especially for the "cut don't boost" EQ crowd who might just hate such a narrow boost.  I'd say it's closer to the EQP high boost, which is very very useful, especially live situations.  Can't say more without further testing but you are right, they are a bit wider, and this would not be as much a "replica" as the EQP-1S5 is of the solid state Pultec EQP. 

Wow this is extremely interresting! I'm in serious need of some 500 eq's. Will these be ready for shipping out as kits some time soon?

Just to say that we are still working on this.  Some parts have extremely long lead times, and it may end up being a sort of pre-sale like the first batch of EQP-1S5's.  All that is still up in the air, the protos are going around for testing and there is a possibility of adding a couple of extra features.  Will keep ya posted!

Just saw this! Still in the plans, got another pair of proto PCBs to build up and tweak a couple of things...

Been overwhelmed with life and other work right now!  :)

cheers!

Latest posts

Back