Channel Strip projet SSL 9K/W492/CLX-VU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EmptyMusicBox1 said:
On the Audio Way (preamp-->EQ--> comp) i need to Sym the audio signal to the output of each element ? ( between preamp EQ / EQ comp )
No, you don't. Unless you want to provide access to all intermediate points. But even then, you could do it unbalanced. After all, that's how it's done in thousands of mixers, the insert points are unbalanced.

abbey road d enfer said:
EmptyMusicBox1 said:
On the Audio Way (preamp-->EQ--> comp) i need to Sym the audio signal to the output of each element ? ( between preamp EQ / EQ comp )
No, you don't. Unless you want to provide access to all intermediate points. But even then, you could do it unbalanced. After all, that's how it's done in thousands of mixers, the insert points are unbalanced.

Ok ! thanks abbey road d enfer

And i can for exemple Split the audio signal before the Sym for one direction to EQ (asym) and after the Sym to a Direct out  ?

Great for the Audio question :) !!! thanks !!!

new interrogation ! On the PSU of the SSl 9k i can read that :

AC 18v plots of the trans Series or Parallèle ?

Oh ... i' sorry but don't i understand

my interogation is :

if the PCB need +18AC -18AC fo my Xfmr on Serie mode How i can wire that, with the VPT36-690 with a 36V AC on serie mode ?

(sorry but i'm a New DIY'er)

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
if the PCB need +18AC -18AC fo my Xfmr on Serie mode How i can wire that, with the VPT36-690 with a 36V AC on serie mode ?
The PCB doesn't need +/-18Vac, it doesn't exist. It needs 2x 18Vac.
See attached.

Attachments

• +-18.jpg
    +-18.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6

HI

New interogation about the Vu Led meter :

On the CLX PCB i can switch the Vu meter for the GR/INPUT and OUTPUT audio signal ! if i wire 1 Vu meter for Input/Output signal and other for the gain reduction it's Work ?

Because i want this info on the pannel as the original Meter of the DBX160A

thanks

News !

I change my plan ! i remplace the W492 for a SSL 502  EQ i think it's better with the SSL preamp

i have juste read that :

502 pinouts are:

1a                    Master reset

15a/15c              Lamps

16a/16c              +18v

17a/17c/18a/18c    0v

19a/19c              -18v

20a/20c              -18v (-18V BU?)

21a/21c              -24v

22a/22c              -18v (LEDS)

28a                    Dynamics Pre EQ

29a                    ON

30a                    UNBAL out

32a                    UNBAL in

it's correct ?

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
I just wanted to tell you that it's a bad idea to use several PSU's from one single winding (even when it's a center-tapped winding).
You should use only one rectifier, one set of smoothing caps and distribute the DC rails.
In the former case, you create several "dirty ground nodes" that will be connected in the end, this is a receipe for introducing rectifier noise in the audio.
In the latter case, you can fefine only one ground, that you can manage to keep clean enough.

oh okay ...

i need  AC voltage : +48v /+18v/ -18v/ +24v/-24v for SSL preamp& SL502 : http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=166

and ... +15v/-15v/ +24v/-24v for Clx

i need 2 Tx ?

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
oh okay ...

i need  AC voltage : +48v /+18v/ -18v/ +24v/-24v for SSL preamp& SL502 : http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=166

i need 2 Tx ?
You could use one 2x20Vac xfmr. That would give 28Vdc that you could distribute to 3 sets of regulators at +/-24, +/-18 and +/-15.
Now these 2x20V xfmrs are becoming rare as hen's teeth and there would be a lot of heat wasted in the regulators.
I bet you don't really need +/-15 and +/-18. All these circuits should be capable of working with a single set of +/-18. The only limiting factor is the max specification for the opamps. 5532, 5534, TLO's are all capable of running on +/-18.
If I had to do it with standard components, I would use 2 xfmrs, one 2x24Vac and one 2x18Vac.

abbey road d enfer said:
EmptyMusicBox1 said:
oh okay ...

i need 2 Tx ?
You could use one 2x20Vac xfmr. That would give 28Vdc that you could distribute to 3 sets of regulators at +/-24, +/-18 and +/-15.
Now these 2x20V xfmrs are becoming rare as hen's teeth and there would be a lot of heat wasted in the regulators.
I bet you don't really need +/-15 and +/-18. All these circuits should be capable of working with a single set of +/-18. The only limiting factor is the max specification for the opamps. 5532, 5534, TLO's are all capable of running on +/-18.
If I had to do it with standard components, I would use 2 xfmrs, one 2x24Vac and one 2x18Vac.

i need also +48v for the Phantom ...

for 2XTX i don't the space for them... i think i can change the PSU for only +18v/-18v/ 48v stable with JLM audio and i use the PSU for the PCB(integrate)of the CLX only for the comp... the risk it to have audio Buzz on the ground ? maybe be i can Lift no ?

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
i need also +48v for the Phantom ...
This, you get from a voltage doubler.
for 2XTX i don't the space for them... i think i can change the PSU for only +18v/-18v/ 48v stable with JLM audio and i use the PSU for the PCB(integrate)of the CLX only for the comp... the risk it to have audio Buzz on the ground ?
Yes.
maybe be i can Lift no ?
No.
Do you need a "noble" 24V? If the 24V is for an LED string, you can use the raw voltage from the rectifier.

Latest posts

Back