Channel Strip projet SSL 9K/W492/CLX-VU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEWS !

THE prototype WORk Now !

-I have change the CA3083 on the CLX (dead) and the Comp Work Perfectly !)

-One the SSl preamp i have change A 5534 and it's Okay ! i have use a shield cable for the audio

- The SSL EQ Work Nice

- Now i need to clean the audio buzz when i use a dynamic mic ... / with a line souce and 48v mic no problem ....

- when i use the  PAD -20 on the JLM go Between when i check the audio curve on Smaart 7 i can See a HPF (100hz) more the PAD ?????!!!!!! stange no ?

- Question : How i can wire an Asymetric Input fot he CLX board ? i wire the pin 2 to the pin 1 and i use the pin 3 for the audio ?

How i can adapt 2 VU LED meters and Where on the PCB : the first for the Input/ Output and the 2nd for the audio compression ?

i can use any VU led METER for that ?

for exemple :
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=266181IMG3542.jpg

any idee ?

thx

looking good man! im thinking about starting a simliar project, with a nyd one bottle a helios eq and a comp (not sure which yet)

for the input to the clx, youde probably be better off with some kind of balancing board but you can try just wiring the xlr input unbalanced

images

mus1k_freak said:
looking good man! im thinking about starting a simliar project, with a nyd one bottle a helios eq and a comp (not sure which yet)

for the input to the clx, youde probably be better off with some kind of balancing board but you can try just wiring the xlr input unbalanced

images

Hy !

thanks for your wire config !! ;)

I have just see a new problem on my CLX board : my INPUT is Unbalanced : audio IN pin 3 Ground pin1 + pin 2 BUT My OUTPUT is UNBLANCED ???? why ? i have no Sym to the OUTPUT of the CLX Board ?

im not quite sure what your question is, the clx board does the balancing out via a opamp, are you saying you want to come out of the board unbalanced? heres a link to the board layout, look at the top right and left it gives you the pin out for in and out xlr and what each pad is

http://www.acsoundstudio.com/DIY/160vu/BOM/2ndREV/Information/PCB_Board.jpg

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

images

Hy !

I have just see a new problem on my CLX board : my INPUT is Unbalanced : audio IN pin 3 Ground pin1 + pin 2 BUT My OUTPUT is UNBLANCED ???? why ? i have no Sym to the OUTPUT of the CLX Board ?

mus1k_freak said:
im not quite sure what your question is, the clx board does the balancing out via a opamp, are you saying you want to come out of the board unbalanced? heres a link to the board layout, look at the top right and left it gives you the pin out for in and out xlr and what each pad is

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

images

Hy !

thanks for your answer mus1k_freak !

my question is : the CLX board use a balanced (eltronic) output ?

Yes the output uses a LM301 for balancing the output

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

images

Hy !

Ok I have check the problem i have problem after the R92 of the CLX board i don't have " sound after"...

mus1k_freak said:
Yes the output uses a LM301 for balancing the output

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

EmptyMusicBox1 said:
mus1k_freak said:

images

Hy !

NOW the Channel strip work perfectly !!!!

First :  i have change the toroid 25va to 50va !!!

and for the polarity of GR meter of the CLX i have change the TL071 by a TL081 !!!

Picture soon !

BRAVO!
This is a small beast!
You better do a faceplate quick for this beast because it deserves to look fancy!

How did you do the GR meter for compressor? Can you share the schematic for the LED GR section?
Did you have to modify CLX's meter driver?

Latest posts

Back