Sandsquid, a new tool for simplified electronic part ordering

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keves

Hey guys,

Normally me and my partner develop embedded stuff (and I DIY audio as a hobby), but last year we had some idea to solve how annoying and slow electronic part ordering is, so we developed www.sandsquid.com - An ocean of electronic parts in our spare time.

It's completely free, and does automated inventory scanning, price optimization and BOM aggregation. Unlike octopart and findchips, it focuses more on complete BOMs and not so much on an individual part.
It also deals with annoying stuff like price breaks. Some guys have been using it already with much success, and we thought we'd bring you the news too.

We'd appreciate feedback! We want to make this annoying experience of buying parts as painless as possible, so lets all help each other  ;D

Cool :)
I live in Norway and often use Farnell and Elfa (https://www.elfa.se)
as they supply without vat-handling extra expenses.

Glad you like :)
We're focused on American suppliers at the moment but plan on adding support for European ones in the near future.

This is pretty awesome! I'm going to try this for sure on my next order.

Will there be any provision for sharing BOMs/projects on your website? I know it's kinda lazy, but I really liked the ease of loading your example BOMs.

KMB-AUDIO said:

Will there be any provision for sharing BOMs/projects on your website? I know it's kinda lazy, but I really liked the ease of loading your example BOMs.

Thank you and enjoy.
We already support sharing BOMs :) When you reach the end of the process (where you see the list of parts to order from each suppliers) there is a Save/Share button that allows you to get a permanent link to your session. Your session includes the BOMs you uploaded and any other changes you have made on the site.

keves said:
KMB-AUDIO said:

Thank you and enjoy.
We already support sharing BOMs :) When you reach the end of the process (where you see the list of parts to order from each suppliers) there is a Save/Share button that allows you to get a permanent link to your session. Your session includes the BOMs you uploaded and any other changes you have made on the site.

Cool! I didn't notice that right away. Thanks!

Rochey said:
Sadly, on my system, it struggled to import the Bom created by Eagle

Hey, another guy from the Squid here. Could you explain here or on PM what went wrong? We'll greatly appreciate that.

Thanks

I think I worked out what it was --- I was using a html bom created by eagle.

good software BTW -- has a lot of potential.

now if you can go do something like aligni... it'll be the complete package.
(then do a svn server for design files...)

Latest posts

Back