V72a OPT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
no guts, no glory, well we have some guts here, poor Vikings never had iron to torture but we do, we can rip the guts right out and smile while were doin it, what say?

what's the holdup, get down on it,

here is a slightly different version of the previous V72 OPT we hacked,

this one has a dual chamber bobbin to confuse us even more than the standard puzzles that give us headaches, plus even the part numbers are wrong, this says V74 so what is it doing in the V72a? go ask Ollie, i don't have a clue,

shut up and show the carnage you say? ok, alright,

this one has tabs on the mu can which prevent removal, wtf, over?
so you have to unbolt the lead plates and bend them over, crazy white coats are giving me grief every time, you can see the offending metal in the top rt corner of pic 1, the rest of the pics are just more windings that you hve seen before so we lump them together,>

Attachments

• v72acarnage.jpg
    v72acarnage.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 103
well that was short, maybe we should hack something else, feed the lions more meat,

maybe a winding chart would be handy, doh!  :eek:

primaries go from one chamber to the next,

each sec get's it's own chamber,

for some reason these clowns like starting from the rt side of the coil, either that or their motors are running backwards, but i don't think so, no reverse winds or bi fi, strutre is pri-sed-pri-sec-pri just like the V72 OPT, only with the sec;s split up into chambers,

here is a kubi link if you want to spy the difference in the circuit from a regular V72>

http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=A%2C3%2CV-30Y.%23DQ%2C%25%5D%22%3CF%25U%3BF%29U8V%40O%3D%26%25B7U8W%2CF%24N%3C%261F%0A

Attachments

• v72aoptprint.jpg
    v72aoptprint.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 77
Back