V74 OPT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
here we go again, my hands are still bloody from the last hack, sheesh, too much iron, too little time,

this guy is a distribution amp, gives you 3 outputs for the price of one, response not as good as V72 but they are dirt cheap so people buy them by the wheelbarrow and try to hack them into something decent, you need to get more gain, this requires an input xfmr rewire, i think,

output iron is dual chamber, just like the V72a that got all tore up,

here it is before the facelift>

Attachments

• v74opt.jpg
    v74opt.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 31
you want a spaghetti factory we got it,

crazy white coats, somebody should slash their tires,

Attachments

• v74leads.jpg
    v74leads.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 64
if you tear off some tape you start to see wires,

who wants to wind this?

nobody, so lets skip the rhetoric,

Attachments

• v74lcoilaction.jpg
    v74lcoilaction.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 61
last dance for that iron, but we did manage to get the vitals,

organ donor was checked on it's license, so this was a legal dissection,

this guy had wire screens, that is, they used wire to form a shield instead of expensive copper foil, those cheapazz white coats,  making my life more confused,  :D

i did not sweep it or check for Henries but i bet it is pretty flat with all these sections,

pri-sec-pri-sec-pri-sec-pri, no, i did not forget a screen, they left it out,

why the #40m on the last wind, i do not know, maybe the build was to high when they got to the last layer so they cheated by using smaller wire, or the white coats were playing games with the capacitance, trying to balance it by using smaller wire which has less C.

managed to sort out the wonderful lead breakout to a reasonable extent, ok im out.

circuit

http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=B%2C3%2CV-34P%2C34R%2CE%5D%22%3CF%25U%3BF%29U8V%40O%3D%26%25B7U8W-%25%5CR%2BG%21D9%40%60%60%0A

Attachments

• v74.jpg
    v74.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back