AML EZ1073 -> Urei 1176LN Rev. G - impedance problem, highpassed signal?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKJGProject

if i connect the 1176 directly to my fireface everything is fine,
but when i connect it after the 1073 i get a severely highpassed signal. what's the best way to solve this problem? strapping a 600ohm resistor across the input?

I bet it's the 1073 output floating with the cold not connected feeding into your 1176 - is the 1176 unbalanced - if so make sure you use a cable from the 1073 that has the cold(pin 3) connected at the 1176 end to 0V. let me know how you get on. Is your 1073 good into the fireface?

1176 into the fireface is normal, 1073 as well, only both together show the problems...output of the 1073 is unterminated so far but
i'm planning to add a switch for unterminated/600Ohm operation

I agree with mikeyB, sounds like somewhere you have a floating transformer lead.

I recently was workign on a console that sounded extremely Highpassed....you had to crank the low gain on the EQ just to get anything to sound normal. I was worried that the whole thing had to be recapped...well turns out it had transformer isolated outputs for all the speakers and the previous owner had internally lifted pin 3 (neutral secondary of the transformer) so no matter how you hooked it up, it was floating and sounded horrible. Grounded the secondary now it sounds fine.

This is the inside of the urei...maybe someone is spotting any mistakes

Unit was recapped by somebody else a few years ago before i was into diy...

1176.jpg

Back