Neve 8028 Mic pre/EQ Aux Fader Section

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

I am really interested in any info in explaining or detailing the mic pre/EQ stage from this desk.
I know that its a 8028 desk, and can see that it uses what seems to look like the 1081 mic pre/EQ?
Is there a way of building these to spec and changing the XLR and Jack so they are separate and having an insert in there?
Im new to all this modular Neve stuff.
I have asked and looked around and the only stuff i can find that is available is based on the 1073 but this is confusing to me as some have the EQ and some dont? what do all the numbers represent?
Be great if someone could offer a modular kit to each bit to build your own Neve mixer: Mic Pre/EQ, Aux Section, Fader Section.
I would happily get rid of my Allen & Heath GS3000 32 channel for 16 channels of this!!!

All info welcome

regards

Spence.

All the Neve mic pre/EQ modules are basically the same. Usually they have separate transformer balanced mic and line inputs which feed the mic pre, the EQ and finally an output amp driving a transformer to provide a balanced out. There were no inserts within these modules.

The mic pre balanced out would go to an insert and the return from that usually fed the routing module. These had a transformer input followed by bus routing/pan/aux controls and bus drive amps. The routing modules were probably one of the most customised parts of a Neve console.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back