presonus studio one

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dobrilo said:
I tried to mix down and null  same project under  cubase 4, 5,6, &7 and they don't null. Period. Recording under different Daw's sounds same (nulls) but mix engine algorithm is not the same. Tried, proved.

If you have the evidence to back up the claim and the method used, then I'd love to see it.
Making a statement doesn't constitute the scientific method.
There are a lot of statements made without any evidence these days, so far this is one of them.
People also tell me there are chemtrails, aliens and big-foot, but at least they try and provide evidence :p
Seriously, I would love to be wrong and see the data.

Not the same, but, for instance (and I'm not saying this is the world's greatest example):
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/374892-protools-vs-cubase-vs-sequoia-all-null.html

Evidence is provided, method is shown, discussion ensues, people question, they trial, they test, and some sort of conclusion is reached.
In order to show you've really done what you say (and I do believe you), can you please discuss whether plug-ins were used, whether you tested their effect, if any, whether updates to the DAW itself are known (i.e. bugs happen in software, all the time, and sometimes differences can be attributed to those also) to have updates that change something that would effect the result, etc. etc.

If you have the evidence to back up the claim and the method used, then I'd love to see it.
Of course. I have to repeat the test, make screen recording of every step and upload it. It just takes some time, put I promise to do that.

Dobrilo said:
I tried to mix down and null  same project under  cubase 4, 5,6, &7 and they don't null. Period. Recording under different Daw's sounds same (nulls) but mix engine algorithm is not the same. Tried, proved.
This subject is beaten to death. It's almost impossible to mix identically the same project in two different DAW's. Main cause is pan law, but there are other things.

abbey road d enfer said:
Dobrilo said:
This subject is beaten to death. It's almost impossible to mix identically the same project in two different DAW's. Main cause is pan law, but there are other things.

Agreed 100%
The ONLY real audible difference between systems comes from the audio interface you use.

Cheap and cheerful or expensive and "booteek" .... diminishing returns these days "mostly" as the Q has risen a lot.

MM.

Dobrilo said:
Kingston said:
etheory said:
"I’ve done tests comparing the sound of the same session in different DAWs, and Ableton sounded terrible, Logic and Pro Tools were OK, and Nuendo sounded incredible."

He's sponsored by Steinberg. Of course he is going to lie about how good the DAW is that he gets for free....
Free things are AWESOME.

He then goes on to market Cubase 6: "I recently compared Cubase 5 to Nuendo 5, and even though they supposedly have the same software engine, I found that Nuendo sounded better. But with Cubase 6 the sound is amazing, exactly the same as for Nuendo 5."

What a complete liar. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a full page Cubase 6 ad right next to this article in the printed edition. Certainly fits the time frame.

It's sh*t like this that is the plaque of modern day audio engineering.  :mad:

My guess is the differences are with the EQs and the compressors and the other non-mixing things.

If the DAW can't add 1+1 and get 2, then it's flawed.

-a

i didnt read this whole post but i use it and have noticed that all the plugins have a certain sound to them.  not really analogue but more of a less transient digital.
idk just my 2 cents... 

Latest posts

Back