Have any one done a blue bluebird mod?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maye4

Any information will be helpful!

The schematics is wanted.

If I can't get one on the net,I'll have to trace it...(I'll put it up here if i have to do so)

i´ve replaced first those two yellow 220nf caps with 470nf ero mkp and inverted the head basket (dome as front side) as michael joly says.. i like that mod alone.. also tried other things, but didn´t make much difference.

patosandia said:
i´ve replaced first those two yellow 220nf caps with 470nf ero mkp and inverted the head basket (dome as front side) as michael joly says.. i like that mod alone.. also tried other things, but didn´t make much difference.

Thank you!that's very helpful.
So there is a big different after the basket mod?

edit:I did the basket mod!There is big difference of hi response and transience

I promised to post bluebird schematics here for your guys.But I found out it's an improved schoep circuit.So I'll make it short:

C0 is the coupling cap between capsule and the circuit.
C1 and C3 are  coupling caps between too amplifying stages.You can swap it for bigger value to allow more bass pass through or vice versa.
C8 and C9 Before the xlr:You could bigger them to filter out more high end.
Those electrical caps are filtering caps.

So that's it. ;)

Hi All,Noobie Here.
Just got a broken Bluebird(bad capsule), that I want to mod.
Any suggestions on a replacement capsule?
Also, can you supply part #'s or values for the caps(if i'm saying this right),
that you are talking about replacing?
1 last thing: the 2 large yellow things you call 220 nf, are marked 220nj on my mic.
Are we talking about the same item?
Thanx everybody for all your help...Gunadoo.

JimiDeez said:
Yup, I broke it myself.

Fair enough. First, measure the diameter of the capsule. Then, check the backplate drilling pattern and compare it to the Neumann K-47 and K-67. If you can't see the outer holes behind the diaphragm, you may have a C12 type. A picture is worth a thousand words. Snap one showing the backplate drill pattern, and measure it. That should give enough info to make an educated guess.

-James-

Well, got the capsule figured out, now what about the electronics?
What caps and or resisters and ? are we replacing?
What are we replacing them with?
Thanx again everyone, for ALL your Help, Jimi.

JimiDeez said:
Well, got the capsule figured out, now what about the electronics?
What caps and or resisters and ? are we replacing?
What are we replacing them with?
Thanx again everyone, for ALL your Help, Jimi.

I've posted about caps in my previous post.You can swap fets too.
But i think It's a fair mic has it's won character.Mod a mic should improve it but not change it's character all together.If you want do so,just made another mic.

Blue bird is a "hot" mic,so,maybe swaping all film caps with wima would make it "hotter". ;D

Back