SSL ring nut tool?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhmca

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find the tool or the name of the tool type that removes the "Ring nut" or whatever it's called from the "Pots" and switches on a SSL 4000.

I have the sifam collet tool, but then underneath the knob is another nut...

Not sure how it's called but you can buy it from ssl. If it's not custom, maybe someone knows where to get one cheap.
Hope it helps

I have the collet tool... underneath the sifam knob there is another "ring nut" What tool takes that off?

In about a week we should have stock of the tool for Elma ring nuts.... I imagine that is what you will need.... When they are in stock I'll put some dimensions in our on-line store. It is a hollow tube with 2 pins on the end and a "t" bar handle.... the ring nuts that it is designed for are about 14mm across.... they will be about GBP 25

It is lucky that you have the ones for the sifam collet knobs as they are no longer manufactured.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:
In about a week we should have stock of the tool for Elma ring nuts.... I imagine that is what you will need.... When they are in stock I'll put some dimensions in our on-line store. It is a hollow tube with 2 pins on the end and a "t" bar handle.... the ring nuts that it is designed for are about 14mm across.... they will be about GBP 25

It is lucky that you have the ones for the sifam collet knobs as they are no longer manufactured.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Thanks Colin.

I work at a full machine shop... should I make a bunch of the Sifam collet tools? Would there be an interest to buy them?

I simply bought a cheap china quality flat head screwdriver for 1 Euro and modified it with a dremel tool (no problem since the metal isn't really hard :D ). Easy to do and good enough when you are working with sifam knobs only from time to time.

nauyv.jpg

This tool is totally perfect, one end does the collet for the SSL 611 knob, the other end does the nut.

Got this in the S800 sifam knob group buy, we all did back in 2009? And it's made by Selco.

Latest posts

Back