Facebook Message

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Did anyone else get a message on facebook regarding a sour deal from one of our WM members?  Thought it was kind of odd out of the blue, but was very disconcerting.

To anyone considering ordering audio equipment from **********  do not send them payment in advance . I own a recording studio in Scotland . In November 2012 I paid $6000 to ************ for 8 ****** pre amps and 2 ****** compressors. I have to date received 2 units. On the rare occasions he answers my texts he tells me it's been posted and he will forward tracking numbers. He never does . It has been 6 months now and I have decided to take legal action to recover my money.

This is the message i received.  I do not know the individual that sent it to me (im not friends with him on my personal account, but my studio's page is open to anyone to message to)  I withheld the names as to not embarass the WM member hes talking about.

Thats a shame....for a moment I thought it could've been me, because building stuff DOES take a long time especially when you have other stuff going on during the day. I think some people that build for others, and others that receive the custom builts items don't always appreciate exactly how much time and consistent effort and TIME TIME TIME. it does take.

Hopefully they can get it resolved without legal action, custom stuff takes time to make.

While this looks messy enough one obvious question is was this a commissioned build where he was paid in advance to build something from scratch, or were these items represented as being in hand and available for immediate purchase?

If it was a commissioned build it is unwise to pay in full in advance. More rational to pay some fraction in advance so the builder can buy parts, then pay the balance upon receipt.

I wouldn't be very casual about spending thousands of dollars, caveat emptor.

JR

Latest posts

Back