Any of you Adobe Premiere/Encore/transcoding experts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a test.
so, you are using native .m2v files ? drop them into encore and the bitrate error comes up?

convert the files with the following settings before using them:
I-frames: 15
B-frames: 2
insert I frames at the marker
profile: MAIN
level: MAIN
field order (depends on your original footage...it must be the same value as your original footage)
insert sequence header before every GOP

bitrate:
maximum 9,500,000
average 6,000,000
minimum 192,000

non linear quantization for all the 3 frames (I P B)
DC coeficient should be 9 bit
format NTSC
color primaries ITU-R Rec. 624-4 system M
transfer  ITU-R Rec. 624-4 system M
matrix coeficients  ITU-R Rec. 624-4 system B,G

VBV buffer size 224

for the audio
audio mode: Stereo mode
bitrate 224
no emphasis
sample rate 48 khz

dont save as separate elementary streams.

that should be fine.
Then just drop them into encore...and it will work.

:)
also, you should export the 3 audio files as one track before importing to encore.

hope this helps

The audio files need to be three tracks because the viewer will have the option to switch between audio tracks...or am I missing something?  In any case, it looks like (fingers crossed) doing this transcoding from within Encore instead of in Premiere is working for some reason.

Mbira said:
The audio files need to be three tracks because the viewer will have the option to switch between audio tracks...or am I missing something?  In any case, it looks like (fingers crossed) doing this transcoding from within Encore instead of in Premiere is working for some reason.
Cool, so, it's working now without issues?

Well, it ended up being a ridiculous PITA.  Even though I checked the project and got no errors, when I went to build the DVD, an error popped up again saying the "data rate" was too high.  Again the same issue of me being sure that the data rate never got beyond DVD specs.  I thought I'd then try to have ALL the audio files be the same audio format instead of mixing formats.  For whatever reason, once I made ALL the audio files A3c at 480kbps, then I was able to burn with (what so far appears) no issues.  Thank you guys so much for helping me through this!  I learned a lot in this process, and I'm pretty happy with the visual results so far in my testing.

Latest posts

Back