Ken Scott lecture

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Siiigh....most folks have never heard of Ken Scott, one of the best producer/engineers.

To the babies, take a listen to "Crime of the Century" from 40+ years ago.

Bri

Brian Roth said:
Siiigh....most folks have never heard of Ken Scott, one of the best producer/engineers.

To the babies, take a listen to "Crime of the Century" from 40+ years ago.

Bri

Was there I'm afraid , bought it, done it :) ....... I started young though !!

Marty.

I got into Ken Scott years ago much like Tom dowd, As my music vocabulary started to expand, His name started to show up on album after album.  But you talk about a wide variety of music who else can claim Elton John, mahavishnu orchestra, lou reed, missing persons. All four completely different all great sounding recordings.

He does approach things as I  do in the fact that having accurate monitors far exceeds what console or other gear the studio has.  I can make console work in a manor I need them too sonically if I have the means to accurately hear it all.

good Stuff. I read his book from Abby Road to Ziggy Stardust. It was quite the good read.

Anybody read his book? I quite enjoyed it (no more than Phil Brown's though  ;D)

That was great to watch and something VERY important for me>

The "Hunky Dory" album was what got me serious about playing piano and wanting to be a
musician ( aged 11 ) .... Rick Wakeman sessions are wonderful on that.

I learned the whole album and still remember most of it :)

I like that he made the guy leave the fadeout to play full on "Life on Mars" - great :)

Good times !!

Marty.

Are you going to leave the title Ket scott ?
He did a Montrose / Gama cd as well although apparentlyRonnie  felt his greater degree of over dub
approach didn't work for that gama version which was amore interactive live band

Excellent! Haven't had the time to go through all of it, but so far amazing.
Intersting to know he has some kind of controversy going with Geoff Emerick, maily about George H. being "dour"...

Latest posts

Back