V475 translation + summing network

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting...what are you listening through?

i connected mine to the poweramp of an old nad hi-fi amplifier (3020)

aah and i have an alps pot of 10k inbetween for volume control...

I tried few combinations and all of them were around few Kohms load impedance. My Tannoy ams-8 (15kohm) digidesign 002 ( i think 2kohm :? ) and fireface 800....
Of course, unit works with high load but when i terminate with 600 ohm difference is subtle but seems that sound is "more controlled" in the low end. I think that that's normal because transformer coupled design :roll:

I've got my V475 2b racked as well. I used subD connectors too, and wired them the way volker did. I've got one of the Sub D connectors wired to my patchbay, and it works well with both balanced and unbalanced signals. The other 3 subd's are connected to my audiointerface.

I only have to buy a proper rotary switch for gaincontrol. At the moment it has got a 3 way rotary switch.

[quote author="Moby"]I tried few combinations and all of them were around few Kohms load impedance. My Tannoy ams-8 (15kohm) digidesign 002 ( i think 2kohm :? ) and fireface 800....
Of course, unit works with high load but when i terminate with 600 ohm difference is subtle but seems that sound is "more controlled" in the low end. I think that that's normal because transformer coupled design :roll:[/quote]

did you put the 600 ohms across the positive and negative or from positice to ground and negative to ground?

I just jumped on the V475 band-wagon also, having just (hopefully) nabbed a V475-2A (the one I wanted specifically due to it's discrete amp stage).
Very excited when it arrives to fire it up for a listen. Will write back with my experience with it when I get around to it. Very excited!

I know this is a very old thread, but I thought I'd give it a try since this seems to be the main repository for knowledge about the V475 on the entire Internet.  Does anyone have an accurate pinout for the 2c model?  I believe that each channel requires two RG resistors.  What are those pins?  Also, what are the correct input, output, and VDC pins?  I'm having a bit of trouble getting my unit to pass a reasonable signal level.  I suspect that I'm using the wrong RG or input pins--that input transformer primary is a bit difficult for me to trace accurately on the pcb since it has 3 windings and I'm not sure what DCR I should be looking for at the pins.

Thanks a ton, everyone here!  This thread was very helpful to read.  Again, I'm hoping someone out there has good knowledge of the 2c model in particular. 

Latest posts

Back