Sneak Preview: New Module for AD/DA-Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rkn80 said:
Do you have trouble with the front end circuit of TI?

No problems at all. Was asking just out of interest  ;D
Maybe you added a pad, a HPF, a phase switch or whatever.

Did you use the Schottky diodes for protection as stated in
the datasheet? I know some people rather prefer 1N4148.

Best,
Carsten

Well, no HPF or phase switch because there is an ADC behind and therefore, it is assumed that the digital signal goes into e.g. a Mac. In the digital domain you can always apply phase inverters or high-pass filters if needed.
Btw. pads between mic and preamp aren't a good idea.

R.

rkn80 said:
Well, no HPF or phase switch because there is an ADC behind and therefore, it is assumed that the digital signal goes into e.g. a Mac. In the digital domain you can always apply phase inverters or high-pass filters if needed.
Btw. pads between mic and preamp aren't a good idea.

R.

Sometimes HPF gives better headroom getting out some LF that makes no sens in an specific mic, BUUT I'm with you, pad not needed if enogh headroom on the pre, LPF neither using 24 bits and enoght headroom again... phase always seems useless to me in studio application. If talking about live, please put me al of these, but not used in studio by me.

JS

bremusound said:
That's fantastic news! How will the Mic pres be controlled? Any plans for a remote option?

The PGA2500 needs to be controlled via SPI. Therefore, I'm going to make a MIDI-to-SPI interface by an AVR microcontroller. Not sure yet wether this will be integrated on the mainboard or an extra module.
For those, that a scared how to get the firmware on the microcontroller: Checkout the arduino-project. You is very simple. All you need is an USB port.

R.

Not Exactly sure if this is the correct thread but I was looking for a DIY AD/DA version of this...I hope the pictures I am attaching is similar to what you are building but more affordable and obtainable. If not excuse my post

Attachments

• B80-xlarge.jpg
    B80-xlarge.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 94

Latest posts

Back