Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggler

Update November 16, sold out! Feeling for run 4...

riggler_50_body.jpg

This is where you can get M49 / M50 mic bodies.

PRICE:

$285 USD [Includes Paypal fees and U.S. Shipping]

** For European / global buyers the cost is $335 USD. That includes USPS flat rate shipping.

$15 from each body sale goes to the forum! We are not running a high profit margin on these...

We are now in the fourth run. We are not taking money for runs 3 or 4 until we ship out runs 1 and 2.

Please paypal your money to:

[email protected]

Please provide your name, email address, telephone number, GroupDIY username, and quantity in your Paypal transaction.

This is now a feeler thread to see if we can do another run. Please reply to this thread if you are interested, with the quantity you want. If we hit another 25, we can possibly do another run.

**Price does not include the Binder connector or any other hardware. (If you want to, you can use a different connector.)

These bodies were drawn  / modeled by Riggler. Tskguy hooked up the manufacture. This thread will be updated with more information as it comes. We waited to post this thread because we wanted to have a good, solid prototype in hand. The finished units will be better bead blasted than the prototype depicted here, giving a lush, smooth finish to the mic body. As soon as we have one we will post pictures.

Features:

• Made out of brass
  • Brass 3-layered mesh in the original configuration
  • Finish is bead blasted, nickel plated
  • Designed to fit Dany's (Poctop) boards, or your own 60mm boards
  • Designed to fit Binder 09-0043-00-07 connector (connector screw threads are M3)
  • Internal PCB mount holes for 4-40 threaded rod

Eric has posted some early build pics and a sound sample, yay!

DISCUSSION THREAD:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50657

PAID

--------------------INITIAL RUN LEFT TO SHIP----------------
June 13, 2013

riggler (2)
steph.b (2)
marc duchesne (1)
dandeurloo (1)
dmp (1)
bkbirge (2)
jared_s (1)

-------------------SECOND RUN LEFT TO SHIP----------------
kmb_audio (1)
riggler (2)
imo (1)
johnnyk (1)
kongelyd (2)
dmp (1)
ddageek (1)
tskguy (2)
bruce0 (1)
morbleu (1)
adrian (2)
poctop (1)
stratosphunk (1)
lyricalgeek(1)

----------FEELER FOR 3RD RUN-------------
        **DO NOT SEND MONEY**

melodeath00 (1)
david r (1)
ross (2)
mwrichardson (1)
woot (2)
winser (1)
sterner (1)
christopher l (1)
yoons (2)
kvothe (2)
aaron (2)
phrazemaster (1)
timeye (2)
ajemut (2)
rainton (1)
jpalden (2)
jimmcg (2)
monkeyxx (1)
iambeatmenace (2)
gouge (1)
headstack (1)
rascalseven (2)
wolan42 (2)
kramerb1 (1)
biasrocks (1)
davidjamesi (1)
toobnoob (1)
goneglimmering (1)
michael85 (1)
kmozart (1)
5v333 (2)
melomane (1)
kde (1)
m112 (4)
mgronroos (1)
stelin (2)
lorebucs (1)
andybaker28 (1)
floti (1)

In the coming days, we will be posting pictures of a mic being built up and internal shots so you can see better how things go together.

+1 i never had a body so lets hope they mate allright  :(  ;)

Best,
Dan,

what is the time frame for payment? I should have some money in a couple of weeks

Im interested, but how much would it cost shipping to Australia?

Will there be any holes for switches at the front?

Will you be showing a complete build and costs to get one running? Need to check my finances.

Thanks

Thank you a lot, this looks great !  8)

I'm waiting to see for the price for shipment to europe and calculate the customs because this is going to become expensive for us who are on the old continent.

A global shipment to UK may be a good solution though, as mentionned above...

Cheers,
Stéphane.

Beautiful work gentlemen!

Great price as well

I look forward to following the build thread

Cheers
Mac

Hey all,

Do not worry! Poctops boards will absolutely work a 100 percent! In fact I have a set of boards and will be verifying every last detail and will correct anything before going to production if needed.

Lets get this going!!!

The mics look great, thanks for doing all the hard work!

Payment sent for 2.

Very tempting!  I would love to see some inside photos.  Would it work for Dany's 47 fet PCB's at all or just the M49 round PCB's.

Either way still very interesting.

payment sent for 1 M49 body.  thanks riggler and tskguy!
wondering about the fit of the pcb, transformer, connector and mic capsule mounting plate (all the internals) too.  please post pics of your verification build with dany's pcbs.
thanks for all your efforts!
-grant

As soon as Dan says his boards fit I am in for 3. This is a commitment good people. I just want to make sure that the 60mm boards fit without too much trouble and I am all in!

Pip said:
As soon as Dan says his boards fit I am in for 3. This is a commitment good people. I just want to make sure that the 60mm boards fit without too much trouble and I am all in!

Ok 3 paid!!! Decca Tree here I come!

Hey everyone,

I have the proto in my hands and I verified that everything is fitting perfectly. A few minor details to be worked but nothing that would halt production,  So as you can see Dany's boards fit perfectly and will mount with stand offs to the base with the other two boards above connected with spacers as well.  Please check Dany'sM49 puck thread for more clarity.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=51862.0

I am building the internals this week and will be posting pics along the way. You can also see the binder panal mount works great!!

C'mon guys we are halfway there!! And by the way once we get the first twenty orders it should only be a few weeks to turn them around! 

Eric

Latest posts

Back