Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - looks great!!
I wait for the pics of the internals - but if it looks that good from the inside to
I will go for it... :)

Did you see my last post with pictures of the inside???? That's really it, there are no rails for mounting PCB's like a traditional body. It all attaches to base with standoffs.

Here is another pic of the inside...

tskguy said:
Did you see my last post with pictures of the inside???? That's really it, there are no rails for mounting PCB's like a traditional body. It all attaches to base with standoffs.

Here is another pic of the inside...

Ah ok - and what about the part that holds the capsule?
I saw a picture somewhere in the original thread:  http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50657.msg667105#msg667105

That is from Dany's thread, As you can see the PCB boards hold the capsule. I will be building the mic this week and I will take some pics along the way....

dandeurloo said:
Would it work for Dany's 47 fet PCB's at all or just the M49 round PCB's.

You are in luck. It appears that Dany's 47FET boards (44mm x 48mm) will fit. And it's even a little safer than pictured because the corners on that board are rounded. Check it out:

47fit.jpg

useme2305 said:
what's the outer body diameter beneath the headbasket, again?

The main body tube outer diameter is 71mm, that "Saturn ring" diameter being 79mm.

Eric, are you fellas closing the door at 20? or how long will you leave ordering open?, i will have $ in a few weeks, i'd love one of these.

also, 67 capsule? ;)

cheers
T

Well,  I did my part for the effort!  hoping you guys are able to pull together a US production run of these little gems.  Oh, quick question.  If the headbasket mesh is stainless steel.  I suppose it is glued in. . . how is the mesh grounded?

Sweet! Thanks Steph!

Glad we are close!!! So Tony, yes I am actually going to have many more available moving forward. So no worries. 

Chunger, yes you are correct the stainless is glued in. That being said the mesh is pressed in while gluing and makes the connection for shielding with no issue. I will also be verifying before shipping.

Eric

Back