Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riggler said:
dandeurloo said:
Would it work for Dany's 47 fet PCB's at all or just the M49 round PCB's.

You are in luck. It appears that Dany's 47FET boards (44mm x 48mm) will fit. And it's even a little safer than pictured because the corners on that board are rounded. Check it out:

47fit.jpg

useme2305 said:
what's the outer body diameter beneath the headbasket, again?

The main body tube outer diameter is 71mm, that "Saturn ring" diameter being 79mm.

This would Go in as a 47 FET but this is just for Fun  ;)

TFO
58d1402a05c03.jpeg

A
47PCB-A_49.jpeg

B
58d0281993da9.jpeg

Best,
Dan,

Small update:

On Thursday funds were transferred to Eric, shipping list compiled, etc. So looking good. Eric and I want to thank everyone for encouraging us. Thank you too everyone that has ordered a body and makes this possible, it's really humbling. And Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Hi all,

Here is a few photos of my progress regarding the mic build. I decided to mount it using threaded rods and spacers, I haven’t received the transformer yet so I am not 100% on the size of the spacers. I also need to raise the capsule a bit as well. The boards I am using are some of Dany's first set of boards and doesnt have the ground plain exposed at the the mounting holes but he has fixed that now so metal spacers would be the best answer. I plan on adding a wire to the the top nut so no worries for me. Of coarse my method will work for the new boards as well..

Nice work Dr.H , 8),  please go ahead and solder a wire on Pad #7 on the PCB 0V Gehause.

looks awesome  ;),

Best,
Dan,

Hey everyone!!

Not sure if everyone noticed or not but I decided to front the money to do a first run of 50 bodies... I am comming out of pocket a pretty large chunk of change, so I am counting on you guys to buy all of them!! Please if anyone was waiting DON'T!!! They will be showing very soon!!!

Eric

Confused. Looks like you closed the first run at 25 and started a second run list.
Now you say first run is 50.
If I pay for two on 6/24 will I get them from the first 50 run?

Hi winetree,

When we got the funds together for the first run, Eric decided to front the money to make the bodies for the second run, this way they can all be made at the same time. So all 50 bodies are being made as I type this. Which means we will have the second run bodies on hand and can ship them out as orders come in. I am not sure if we will run any more after this or not.

So to answer your question, yes, if you ordered two they would come out of that batch of 50. Sorry for the confusion!

Man Im saving my pennies delaying a bunch of other projects so I can swing Body #2. In away Im happy you guy are making 1 big run, this way if I order another there is no worry about an exact match. On the other hand The time pressure is a pain.

But guys before you ship mine check and see If I can swing #2!

Oh and don't stop If you can do this once a year maybe?

They don't seem to be going as fast right now, so I think you'll have time. I can't wait to be able to play around with the B versus C version of the circuit.

Hi all,

Quick build update..
Everything is finished on the mic except for the capsule! Power supply needsto be finished and tested, I hope to have it finished by Saturday.
The spacers I ended up using are half inch on the very bottom 1 inch between the TX PCB and the circuit PCB and another half inch spacer at the top to hold the capsule board. From what I can judge this seems to be setting the capsule heighth about right.

Hey Eric ,  Looks So nice :) ,  Here is the Final Version of the kits that will have an extra Top deck with pre drilled hole for capsule mount and all the improvement requested such as the component value labelling and ground plane connection trough the board,

Looking forward to hear your feedback on those , I bet you will be an happy guy ,

D-M49 b-c Riggler/TSKGuy PCB kit

58d0281993dc7.jpg

Best,
Dan,

Hey all,

So I finished th mic and it sounds very very nice!  Pics and sound samples are coming....soon

Thanks,
Eric

Hey tskguy and poctop.

Have an interesting sample in hand.  The hole pattern on the saddle seems to almost fit tskguy's capsule.  Slight adjustment to the holes would make it work.  I'll forward mount hole spacing to poctop and send one to tskguy.  This looks like a fairly common part.

p1869707238-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back