Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am in for 1, maybe 2 if the 3rd run happens.  Darn it, missed the window on the 2nd run.  Do these come with baby sitting so I can have the time to acutally assemble?  They are cute kids, you don't want to miss this opportunity...

Thanks guys...so the mesh is right, and I am wrong... (this is pretty common...)

looking forward to building my first, and to round 3. 

b

Updated:  Really this thing looks awesome! I can't wait to put it in front of some great folk singer(s).  It is just what I want, and I love the variable pattern.  Is there a list of the various capsules (or that is really confined to the circuit sections)?

bruce0 said:
Thanks guys...so the mesh is right, and I am wrong... (this is pretty common...)

looking forward to building my first, and to round 3. 

b

Updated:  Really this thing looks awesome! I can't wait to put it in front of some great folk singer(s).  It is just what I want, and I love the variable pattern.  Is there a list of the various capsules (or that is really confined to the circuit sections)?
Original capsules in the early ones were M7's. They went to kK49's (?) which were KK47's at some point. I've used CT12's and they sound nice too. The amplifier/impedance-converter is "flat" so you can use any capsule that doesn't need the de-emphasis circuit (like a KK67 would not be ideal).

Cheers,
jb

EDIT: And the M50 capsules of course. Don't know of an aftermarket source for those or similar but it's an M50 not M49.
-j

Update:

Assembly is 1/4 of the way done. The final headbasket assembly is taking a little longer per mic than planned though. Right now, 12 are done! So, I know we're a little behind our original timeframe, but the idea is they will be done right, and look great! Apologizing in advance for those of you that are waiting.

Damian

A little Friday humor:

good-cheap-fast3.jpg

Does anyone know if Max's BV.11 transformer will 1) work with Dany's xfrmr pcb & 2) also fit in this M49 mic body used on said board?  Thanks!

dissonantstring said:
Does anyone know if Max's BV.11 transformer will 1) work with Dany's xfrmr pcb & 2) also fit in this M49 mic body used on said board?  Thanks!

Hi Grant ,

if you look at post #68 on this thread you will see that the transformer adaptor board has been designed in consequence to have Max transformer on it if you flip the board on on side you have Max transformer and on the other side the AMI T49 it can also be a wired transformer .

58d0281993e81.jpg

i havent got a hold of Max or Max transformer yet has it has just came out but it will theoritically pop right in , and has been patched to work...

I am expecting myself to try it out soon enough .....

So it is a theoritical Yes for now, 

Let see what happens,  ;)
Best,

Dan,

Just talked to Eric, we're getting very close here! Shown here is a pic from headbasket assembly. It was just my birthday so this is a cool present!

Attachments

• bodies.jpg
    bodies.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 154
Yeah Happy Birthday!

These are looking great. I've got Max Bv11's enroute for these and am really considering ST7 pvc's for the capsules. I've used the Mylar versions for others so think its time to dip toes into the PVC.

So glad you guys have pulled this together.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Latest posts

Back