Mnats 1176 rev D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sillen

Hello
Anyone that built this one here? Regarding R44 (Tracking adjust trim pot) on the PCB.. On the pcb it says it should be a 2k trimmer resistor on R44 but on the BOM page it says that there should be a 1k trimmer resistor on the R44 spot. Hmmm and I got neither a 1k or 2k trimmer resistor for some reason :p
Anyone know anything about this?

Ok thanks! And by the way on the ratio circuit board there's supposed to be 2 lorlin rotary switches right? Because they weren't on hairballs audios finished cart either. Sorry for the newbie questions, it's my first build :/

/Isak

Rotary switches, right, lorlin, I'm not sure. I've used Alpha switches like the ones on Mnats site (there's a ref on the slam ratio guide). Hairball provided switch bank like on original 1176.
Good luck on your build. Take your time, organize your wiring and everything should be fine !

Ben

Another question comes here if anyone knows about it.

The zero adjust, R71, does it work with a 2k trimmer instead of the potentiometer? And btw how do I attach all the knobs to the potentiometers? :p

Yep, a potentiometer is a trimmer.
For the knobs, it depends on your pots and your knobs. Usually you screw them on the pots.

At the Q bias calibration step, could you simply desolder pad 22 instead of shorting it like in mnats video? (since I don't think i have the equipment to do so)

You should look at post in the dedicated thread...it helps people building it to benefit from yours and their questions :)

Latest posts

Back