Virus Ti Snow, USB port damaged

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimmjaws

Hello,

i'm very new on this forum and quite happy to have been able to find it ^^. I'm in a quest of repairing a Virus TI snow on my own. I hope i'm on the right place for this, i was wondering about it as i didn't saw so many threads on synth...

Well i explain the problem i have, the virus i have i working just totally great, plugged with audio cables and midi it's working just great, no troubles at all. But the USB port itself is broken, when you try to plug a USB cable the port will go back in the box. The metallic prtoection around it is still steady on the Circuit board. I've opened the device to look at it and it appear the the USB part is broken and not steady with his soldered part. And as said at the other side the metallic protection is still soldered well on the circuit.

So i've tryed to ask to access about if it's a special USB port, they "couldn't" answer me and sent me to their service repair... I've asked to the service repair in germany and still have no answer... I'm a kind of DIY guy and as well want to avoid 3 weeks waiting for my synth.
So my question if anybody had any clue about this USB port?

I hope i'll be able to receive some help from you guys.

Best regards.
Barth

Hello!

If you could post a picture of the usb port, that would help greatly. It's very likely a stock part at one of the online distributors.

Good luck!

thx for your answer here are some pictures, we can't see properly but 2 of the 4 soldered part are broken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 23
Grimmjaws said:
thx for your answer here are some pictures, we can't see properly but 2 of the 4 soldered part are broken.

Looks like a standard USB Type B connector to me. They're all compatible (mechanical sizing and pin locations and such are in the USB spec).

-a

hello, thx for the link. It seems to be standart one, will go today on electronic shop. I was just wondering another thing. Do you think it's USB 1 or USB 2? ^^ i Would say USB 2

Thx a lot again for your answer and help!!!!

Bart

thx for your help all f you as i didn't got any feedback at all from access. I've changed the port and everything seems to work perfectly.

Again thx for your time and advices.

to RuudNL : i had figured out after asking the question in looking in some forums on electronics.

Best regard to all of you and happy to be part of your community.

Bart

Latest posts

Back