TI Tiva Launchpad

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

http://www.ti.com/tool/ek-tm4c123gxl

This is a TI dev board featuring an 80MHz ARM Cortex M4F, meaning it has the floating point processor and the DSP extensions. That means a single-cycle 32-bit FP multiply, and a single-cycle 32-bit MAC (probably integer, but still useful). Sure, 80MHz isn't blazing, but the entire board is $13. I went ahead and ordered one to play around with.

Just thought others around here might want to know.

Let me know your experience with it. I'm far removed from the old Stellaris (now called Tiva) team, but I have a few contacts that'd love to know what the experience is coming into it "cold".

/R

I'll order one as well to have a look at the USB capabilities. I've previously worked with msp43xx launchpads and they're great, the only drawback is availibility of those chips. Couldn't get single quantities here in EU and had to change for another chip for the final project :(

I definitely will, Rochey!  8)

I'm most interested in coding "bare metal" and I'm hoping the Tiva is better at this than the Raspberry Pi, which seems to be designed more as a full computer than as a microcontroller platform. I have a hybrid synth project in mind for it.

... And I just got a message saying that it's back-ordered until August 19th. Not too big a deal, as I probably wouldn't use it in anything until then, anyway, but still...

I just got my Tiva in the post! Now I need to go download some software, then see about loading up some kind of "hello world" program. I have an idea for an application now.

Back