Information needed for Neve 8816

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

km6xz

Hello, first post,
I have a Neve 8816 that is still under warranty but shipping it to UK and getting it back reliably is not worth the risk or $800.
Does anyone have a schematic of the Active virtual ground system used. The unit works correctly if given a ground reference for the rails but that is not how the supply works, it has a virtual ground but for some reason I have not figured out, it is quite a bit out of balance.
None of the parts have labels/designations and traced are below a thick mask or buried under shield or power planes.
Neve is not cooperating and neither is the distributor who does not seem to know anything about the models he imports.

When using a lab power supply, and center balanced ground reference the unit works and current on both rails is close so no imbalance should be seen. 
All I need is a schematic for the virtual ground circuit.
Thanks
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Im having the same issue with one i have from a customer.  no help from neve.  and the local service center is pretty tight lipped. 

did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Latest posts

Back