Response graphs of popular equipment

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What device would you want to have emulated on your mobile (see post below)

• Compressor/ Limiter

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tube Preamp/ Distortion

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Delay/Reverb

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Phase/Flange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tremolo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beatpoet

Does anyone have some response graphs of some popular equipment, like a good warm preamp or nice compressor?

Slew rate per frequency
distortion characteristics at all gain levels
noise characteristics
sine wave at all frequencies
sine wave with focus on zero crossing
sine wave with focus on peak distortion
a few random waveforms for reference
etc, just for example

There's a small chance I would have the time to come up with formulas to emulate a device or two in DSP right now... Most likely for Android. If someone here gets me a set of engineering graphs and I actually get time to pull this off, I will post the emulator here as freeware.

A tape delay would be nice! I have the response from my JMX ET520 in logic Space Designer if they are usefull. It's away from me right now to get all the other info. In any case someone with a Roland RE-201 would rock harder!

JS

I've never used logic Space Designer.. Anything that I can derive an algorithm from would be useful, ideally for reverb/delay a comparison between the original impulse and the modded impulse.

joaquins said:
A tape delay would be nice! I have the response from my JMX ET520 in logic Space Designer if they are usefull. It's away from me right now to get all the other info. In any case someone with a Roland RE-201 would rock harder!

JS

Space designer is a convolution verb, have a couple of impulses from my delay. If you go for it in the week I'll send them to you, now I don't have them with me.

JS

Latest posts

Back