• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Soundcraft LM1 Professional Location Sound Mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxivity

8 channel Soundcraft LM1 location sound mixer - Handmade in England.
The LM1 works with external power or internal batteries and is designed to meet the demands of location sound recording for the film and broadcast industry. It offers performance and features to satisfy the most exacting cart-based requirements. Robust, and I mean robust, construction combined with good size and weight allow the LM1 to be easily transported on a sound cart to the most remote location, where high gain, low noise and long battery life guarantee the best results under the worst conditions. TL072 amps. Penny and Giles faders. VU meters. This thing is a tank and easily outperforms most mixers in its class an amazing upgrade to the smaller portable mixers (mackie, newer chinese soundcrafts behringer etc.) I just gave it a good hosedown with Caig Gold as it hasn't been in use much lately. Ex NPR stock.
front1.jpg

rear1.jpg

scraft_in.jpg

As you can see the circuit board has room for input transformers, the master module also has room for output transformers, this is clarified in the manual. THe back panel has a slot for a DB25 which is used to configure the mixer with direct outs. I'm still figuring this modification out as its NOT in the manual.

heres the link to the manual at Soundcraft
Soundcraft - [Downloads]

$450

Thanks
Paul

had a breeze through the manual but couldn't see which transformers fit the board, do you know?  They look like lundahl footprints but I could be wrong.

Myles, lok lundahl- esque to me, there must be a better tech doc than soundcraft provides because I see them modified for direct outs for sale on film sound websites. Maybe a film sound forum has the docs. I'm still looking around because I want to do direct outs on the one I'm keeping. I'll measure it later and report back.

do you have any idea about how one would record direct outs with this board? post-fade? I supposed you'd simply have to wire it so, and change the sex of the "line in" jacks.
I've been looking at these for potentially using them for location production sound (making films) but I need 8 postfade outs!

Havn, there's some sort of mod that uses a db25 jack (there's space for one on the back panel) and provides direct outs for the channels. I assume post fade but am still looking for this info. I've seen some for sale on film sound boards with this mod accomplished.
paul

fluxivity said:
Havn, there's some sort of mod that uses a db25 jack (there's space for one on the back panel) and provides direct outs for the channels. I assume post fade but am still looking for this info. I've seen some for sale on film sound boards with this mod accomplished.
paul

oh! that's good to hear. I'm in the market for one for production sound. seems like a good unit. there was one for sale last year at an auction and it went for $124 usd.

Latest posts

Back