24v Gar2520

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iampoor1

Hi

Has anyone converted the Gar2520 to work on +-24v rails? I have already contacted Jeff and done some searching but havent had much luck!

Thanks!

Any ideas? Or maybe a good +-24v DOA kit?

Does someone have a schematic or assembly instructions for the Gar2520? I wan to see what transistors would need to be changed....

Thanks!

This one will eat 24V
http://www.hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=134

+1 for the APP992 from pier. Yes he does kits, try contact him in the white market (although his thread is suffixed with the word 'closed', not sure why).

another + for app doas, especially the 992fet is a very nice opamp, he has plenty of 24 v opamp  choices and his prices are more than decent.
another good thing about the 992 (which got my fav. actual ) is that building is much much more easy than the gar2520. i can do a 992 in less than 20 min, for the 2520 i took almost one hour to solder because it is very thight and crowded.
i think you can get a even better deal asking for 100 pieces.
the gar2520 of cause has the certain cream factor, while the 992 is more neutral and dynamic. the app2520 i only tested at 16 volts where it might be a tad less mid-aggressive than the gar version. the app2520 fet vesion has tighter bass than the before mentioned.
all of these opamps are equal right for making a hit record, the differences are real small between them( tested in the vp28 with its 3 transformers, which are contributing more to the sound than the opamps used )
greets
axel

Latest posts

Back