Trying to find ITT relays (or equivalent) for old siemens modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmuller0420

Hi there,

I have some early 80's Siemens PM-UV preamp modules and they use 6 relays to control the gain...and a couple look like they are in need or replacement.  The hard part is finding the original or a replacement or any info on them/the company.

Wondering if anyone has info on where I can find them/replacements or anything else.

Relays are:

ITT Swiss SM24V-D1024 
Dimensions: 15.4x12.6x9.2mm
Coil: 24VDC, 2690R

The relays have 2 part number listed in the schematic parts list:

C97303-Z1005-C54
SMD1024

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

-Chris

But you havent provided more infos on the pinout, so helping is a bit complicated.  Did you compare the pinout with that of reed-relais ?  They could be expected in gain switching.

I have attached a picture of the relays.  The image on top of the relay is the pin layout and location of pins relative to each other (4 pins per side...one side is spaced down one spot).  Looks to be 0.1" spacing, but will measure later on and confirm.

The way the internal switches sit is a bit odd compared to most relays I have been looking at....and any info on itt swiss seems to be non-existent.

Quick sketch to show pin spacing/layout on bottom of relay

----------------------
|      0    0    0    0|   
|                          |
|0    0    0    0      |
---------------------- 

Attachments

• itt swiss relay.jpg
    itt swiss relay.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 17
The easiest way out of this dilemma is to get some new relays, mount them upside down with a bit of glue in the centre of the old relays, and then hand wire them to the appropriate points. There were many early relay layouts, and they have disappeared over time, coming down to a few standardised layouts thank goodness!

That was what I was thinking I might have to do. 

In doing so I guess there would be a couple things I should check with new relays?

Same voltage
Same coil resistance (keep similar current draw)

Anything else to keep in mind?

Hi,
I have some used, working identical reed relays with coil for 12V.
If the circuit can be modified for 12V, I can send them to you just for shipping costs and 10$ donation to the board.
Regards,
Milan   

cmuller0420 said:
That was what I was thinking I might have to do. 

In doing so I guess there would be a couple things I should check with new relays?

Same voltage
Same coil resistance (keep similar current draw)

Anything else to keep in mind?

Make sure you use a good audio rated relay, maybe a gas filled one, so you don't have to do it again!

Latest posts

Back