Unused ADAT outs of your DAW Interface?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have outputs on your audio interface for ADAT?

• Yeah, but they are all in used, I maxed out!

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Yeah, but they are unused - I mainly use the analog I/O

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Nope.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Inputs all used, outputs empty

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Only used for transfers...

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Rochey

White Market Member
Hello folks,

forgive the bit of marketing here. I'm doing some research into how many people are actually using ADAT, as many of the USB/Firewire DAW interfaces have these extra ports.

Good forum etiquette demands that I share a little without just asking blindly.
I have an M-Audio Firebridge that has 3 adats out and 3 adats in, giving me a potential for 24ch in and 24ch out.
My plan is to find some used Delta1010 units on the market, and use a converter box to make them into ADAT units.

Cheers

/R

they are usde but can change what I have... in fact, is the idea! the other idea is change the board for one with two adats I/O maybe...

JS

zebra50 said:
Well, none of the above! My ADAT inputs are all used, but not the outputs.
Stew

Same here! I do multitrack recordings of the band I mix live, so I scramble for inputs, but when it comes to mixdown I'm all in the box and need only two outputs.

-a

Have a MOTU 828MKII interface and RME ADI8 AD/DA converter connected I/O via ADAT so all conversions done in RME domain.

I use ADAT OUT to D/A for external sendings to HI-FI setup, Lexicon reverb (analog I/O) and inverse riaa processor.

I have an RME FF800 with a RME ADI8 and a MAudio profire 2626 plugged into it.
Maxed out here but only really trigger with the profire.
I only use the outputs on the ADI as I don't have that much outboard for mixing.

Sounds like an interesting project btw. I would have thought you could pick them up pretty cheaply considering they are PCI.

I have a 96 i/o hooked up adat to a DA-7 digital board. I need two more adat i/o to take full advantage of the board, but the price vs performance gain just isn't there for me on mixdown.

Latest posts

Back