Looking for info on Telefunken,TAB, Filtek, Lawro.....pieces

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learner

Hi guys,
I am looking for some feedback on these follwing modules,

V976 micpres
V372 / 1D
472-2
DV975/4
DV972/3
V372/2
V372/Da

I am thinking of using these modules as either a line pre amp or mic pres in a rack, has anyone got any experience with these pieces and know if they are worth the effort? Also, how much would you pay for these pieces?

The only reason why I am interested in these are because they have input or output transformers, which could be salvaged for other purposes. Any thoughts? :?:

Thanks! :sam:

Vx76 modules are the only ones actually designed to be a mic pre.
you can use vx72 as mic pre, but will get worse specs (noise etc.) sound-wise i have no experience. x72 make nice line amps. 672 in particular can be used in diff. config's depending on pin bridging and external resistors. maybe that applies for the 372 also. 472 is not as versatile i guess. the lawo double amps (DVxxx) i don't know.
these designs come with totally different ratios and specs of the i/p and o/p trannies, so you have to check with every single type.

hope this helps at all :green:

Hey thanks volki!
Thats a good start, its getting harder and harder to dig up any info on the Lawro pieces I guess they are just not as popular as say Telefunken, Neumann, BFE/Filtek?

Anyone got any idea what

DV975
DV972

could be used for? or originally used for?

Is the 472 Neumann piece?

Anyone have any experiences with these pieces?

Thanks!

:guinness:

[quote author="Learner"]
Is the 472 Neumann piece?[/quote]

If it is U472 it´s a Meter from Neumann.
I can post the schematic this evening if you´re interested.

hey [silent:arts],
Is there such a model as V472?

All of the models above are all meant to be pre amp cards, so I don't think it would be U472......

Thanks!

:guinness:

COOL, thanks Kubi!

Forgot to check your site, though I've already bookmarked your page! :thumb:

I think it is the Neumann V472 output and distribution amplifier.

ok, a little survey about most of the german broadcast module no's:

letter:
v= any sort of amp
u= dynamics, talback modules, drivers for meters, etc.
w= eq's, faders, pan, other misc stuff (ms-matrix, oscillator, etc.)
as for lawo, the additional "d" indicates a double (2-channel) module.

(btw, germans: v="verstärker", but what could u and w be an abbreviation of?)

3-digit numbers: 1st digit indicates manufacturer.

2xx siemens
3xx tab
4xx neumann
6xx telefunken (later ant)
9xx lawo ( later used by ant, too)
there are rare 5xx, 7xx, 8xx items built by different companies, but i've only seen pictures (anyone got more info? silentarts??)

other 2 digits, in combination with letter, indicate functionality.
where specs and (for multi purpose amps) range of application vary with different manufacturers.
a few examples:
vx72 multi purpose amp (line,splitter,buffer,summing...)
vx73 power amp
vx75 summing amp
vx76 mic pre
ux73 limiter/comp
ux74 talkback amp with limiter
wx93 hi-pass
wx94 lo-pass
wx95 hi&lo-shelf&presence eq

as you can see, the topology was adopted from the old tube range (v72/75/76, u73, etc.)

there are other topologies around, e.g. from the old neumann range:
pv-76 mic pre
pv-46 line amp
pev930 3-band eq (all passive(!!!) rlc-filter in one stage, followed by make-up amp)

anyone have a comprehensive list of all types of modules? would be great to creat an archive. there are various bits n pieces of info on several websites, but to get the full picture, it should all be in one place. if anyone is seriously interested in this, drop me a line, or post it here. we might want to start a new thread for this? maybe a meta, even? :green:

cheers!

It would be really great with a complete list! Silent Arts? :green:

Here is the picture archive at Purple Audio:

www.purpleaudio.com/images/Telefunken/

[quote author="kubi"]Volki, that's a great summary. I'd be glad to use it on my site if it's ok with you.
kubi[/quote]

you're welcome! remember that it's totally incomplete, though. and it has one or two spelling mistakes :green:

[quote author="sismofyt"]It would be really great with a complete list! Silent Arts? :green:[/quote]
I will be back with more information when the office is moved and the schematics are out of the boxes ... :cool:

Back