• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Simpson meters, Neve 1883, Neve parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

API

I was just lucky enough to buy an empty, very old Neve frame that i am going to restore.
Many missing parts though so thought i would ask here.

Meterbridge was changed and i wanted to make a new one with the Funky Simpson meters that Neve used back then.
I have two large meters and three small ones but could need two more large and several small ones.
Large ones measure roughtly 8x8cm and small ones 4x4cm.

Then the desk was missing its routing modules as well so i am looking for Neve 1883 or any other small 4 bus routing modules.
Any help appriciated!

Also need Neve/P&G faders or just fascias, talkbackpanel, a whole 8 channel bucket etc and some other bits.
Let me know if you have any "junk" laying around!

Attachments

• simpson.jpg
    simpson.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 57
This is what the frame looks like.

Attachments

• neve_81.jpg
    neve_81.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 153
Still looking for Neve 1883 routingmodules and Simpson meters!!

What a lovely mixer. Did you get the full documentation with it? It was probably built around the time I was at Neve.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian.

No, did not get any docs with it at all.
But spoke to Geoff Tanner about it and he said it was a custom desk, most likely made before they started with the 8014 model.
I checked pots and caps for dates and most are dated abput 1969 so most likely from that period.
It is also pre the "A" serialnumbers so Blake could not find anything in his files.

I just noticed this auction might have some matching meters for you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-lot-of-Simpson-Westinghouse-Servo-Tek-Welch-A-C-DC-Guages-Meters-Volts-/151093817177?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232de4af59

API said:
Hi Ian.

No, did not get any docs with it at all.
But spoke to Geoff Tanner about it and he said it was a custom desk, most likely made before they started with the 8014 model.
I checked pots and caps for dates and most are dated about 1969 so most likely from that period.
It is also pre the "A" serial numbers so Blake could not find anything in his files.

That probably makes it a pretty rare desk. Looks like an 8 channel version of the 8014 probably intended for four track recording. Possibly built before they moved to the main factory in Melbourn.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, the desk was originally 16 channels but someone cut of one bucket of 8 channels!
So i am going to build a bucket to make it 16 channels again, thats why i need to find some 1883 modules.

Mylesgm, your inbox is full so could not Pm, shoot me a pm with your email and i will get in touch.

Yes Ian, wht crazy person would do that!

Back