Fostex Model M22RP - dead capsule (printed ribbon?) ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barney

I have a friends mic and the M (lower capsule) is dead, transformer and wiring all work. But there is a serious amount of screws with drops of glue on them to disassemble to look at the capsule.  Just wondering if anyone has had any luck repairing a capsule (printed ribbon i believe) or if there is anything in there that is fixable?  Thanks.

I don't think there is an easy fix for these unless you just have a broken connection somewhere. The diaphragms are special parts and you can't just cut a new one like with a 'real' ribbon mic.

I did once ask Fostex about spare parts for these. They said that they would get back to me, but never did. You might have better luck with your local distributer.

Thanks for the reply.  I think the owner has asked the local distributor and come up with 'we don't support that model anymore'.

The next step is taking the top apart to look for loose connections on the actual capsule which has mesh over it but looks really fiddly and thought i'd ask here first to see if anyone else had come across the same thing before.

Latest posts

Back