Mic pre amp and Master section with speaker selectors and talk back

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi Guys,

total noob to the subject of mixer master sections and speaker selectors with talk back so wanted some input and advice on how to go about this.
At the moment i have an Allen & Heath 32 channel GS3000 which is a nice desk but i want to sell it and i have had the crazy idea of wanting to build a modular desk with only the things i really need on there.

For recording i use Protools HD and a 96 i/o interface with 16 channels in and 2 out with also spdif out.
I am wanting to build 8 SSL 9k channels and either 8 Neve or various other flavours say 4 x SSL 4k and 4 x neve 1073 or some other suggestions. I also am building a Gyraf G9 valve channels.
The aim is to end up with 16 nice and clean pre amps and have some other tube channels to colour the sound for summing etc.
I have 2 x SSL bus compressor which i was going to have patched into a 128 patch bay along with other outboard as well.

At the moment i am tackling getting 2 x ssl 9k channels working, if all goes well i will order 6 more and thats the first 8 channels taken care of, only other consideration for these channels is having an insert put into them? but thats not important right now.

what i need to then do after i have done the mic pre amps is make some kind of master section for monitoring the protools interface and monitoring the computer output, also I would need to think about having a way to monitor for headphones with talkback.
Having 3 outputs for speakers is also needed.

If any of you guys could help i would be eternally grateful.

regards

Spence.

Latest posts

Back