Mastering for Vinyl - Side Splits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammas

Hello gents!

Do any of you have experience mastering for vinyl? This is probably a very simple question.

Weeks after finishing up the project I get an email from the band listing a bunch of questions that they have been asked.
Most of them pretty straight forward... The one that confused me was "do you have side splits?"

Assumption would leave me to conclude that this refers to a Side A & Side B audio file... and that the band hasn't actually forwarded anything onto the chap asking the questions (as they have those files).

Or is it something entirely different?

Yes, you are correct. Side splits refers to the side break. If the album sequence has clean breaks between the songs then it shouldn't be a problem. If there are crossfades you may have to go back and pull them apart at the side splits.

Some places like a single file for each side with a running log of where the track starts are. I will take that or individual tracks if when butted up against each other create the correct spacing.

Latest posts

Back