Any Eventide DSP4000 masters out there? LCD Display question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tubejay

I just got bought a DSP4000 used, and had it shipped to me. I live in Wisconsin, so it's bitchin' cold out (below freezing) and FedEx and all carriers store the packages in below freezing conditions before delivery.

When I turned the 4000 on for the first time, only about half the display lit up. Actually all of the info displayed properly on the whole screen, but whatever lights the screen up only lit about one half the screen. I figured it was probably just cold, LCD's can act weird when they're kept in below freezing temps. Sure enough after about an hour at room temp I turned it on and the whole thing lit up. I turned it off, came back five minutes later, turned it on, and then it was half lit again. So I turned it on and off quickly, and then the whole thing lit. Now it appears to light every time.

I don't know much about LCD lighting, but does anyone have any idea why this might be? Do you think that it's going to be screwy now? Anyone have any experience with DSP4000 repairs? Is this common? I'm just trying to figure out the display is broken, and I should contact the seller about it, or if it's probably just the cold, as I suspect.

Also, as a general rule with LCD's and all electronics, should I let the electronics sit at room temperature for a while before starting them up? This comes into play especially when transporting gear in my cold car to and from the studio (long drive).

Latest posts

Back