Anybody seen this?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesson

Its a sampler.

http://www.narrat1ve.com/WTPA_r101_Schematics.pdf

Opinions?

Many thanks in advance

Joe

jamesson said:
Its a sampler.

http://www.narrat1ve.com/WTPA_r101_Schematics.pdf

Opinions?

Many thanks in advance

Joe

That website is hosed.

The PDF doesn't load, and attempts to go to www.narrat1ve.com result in a weird redirect loop.

-a

EDIT: OK, I think I figured out how to access it.

Looks like he's trying to do a gnarly low-resolution sampler.

Which is pretty easy: it's a homework assignment for students learning FPGAs or DSPs.

You can build a such a sampler out of an off-the-shelf ARM developer's kit. Anything with an ADC and a DAC. You just have to provide an appropriate user interface (button scanner, perhaps an LCD, maybe a MIDI interface to a keyboard).

LATER EDIT: OK, the schematic loaded. It's based on an ATMEGA processor of some sort, with external memory. Too many parts. Use an ARM!

-a

Odd, which browser were you on? I click through on ff with no problem

Yea I thought too that arm would be a good solution here. I figured there might be a reason he went this route but I guess not.

jamesson said:
Odd, which browser were you on? I click through on ff with no problem

Safari. I think his page coding is broken. Or he's got some redirect thing happening, such as with DynDNS. Whatever. it does seem to be working better now.

Yea I thought too that arm would be a good solution here. I figured there might be a reason he went this route but I guess not.

Any number of reasons, the most likely being that he started this (schematic is dated 2009) before the ARM Cortex parts really became widespread. Having said that, it could've been done in an SiLabs 8051 with a lot fewer parts, too.

He may have had an investment in ATMega tools, too.

a

Except for the memory, it's all through-hole parts. Going by the build instructions, that's the main motivation.

Back