Any DIY'ers in NYC?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hey Guys,

This is a bit of strange request, and I'm still trying to piece it all together, call it a feasibility study.

I'm currently doing a bunch of tech work here and have a couple gear builds coming up for September/October. Looking at the figures I'm looking at having to shell out over $400 in parts shipping from the various Stateside suppliers.

The thought dawned on me that it might be somewhat economical for me to come over for 10 days in October, spend 5-7 days building up the kits, bringing the completed units home with me, while taking out a couple days to sight see and enjoy the city.

I've been Stateside several times, but haven't made it back there in over 5 years and with two kids, a mortgage and marriage I'm not going to be able to do it very easily and so this way I can at least offset some of the costs by having work pay for half the flight.

Obliviously the flights are only half the cost, the next would be accommodation. I was wondering if there were any of you that had a spare room, bed, couch or even floor I could crash on and make a base while I'm there.

I don't have a lot of money but can give something towards rent, I'm also a pretty good cook and could help those with lesser experience with their tech/solder or kit builds.

I know there are places like AirBnB and Couch Surfing, but thought it might be cooler to see if there was anyone here willing to put me up with a shared interest?

Crazy?

Cheers

Matt

Can't help with housing but may want to get drinks. Let me know when your schedule clarifies.

jamesson said:
Can't help with housing but may want to get drinks. Let me know when your schedule clarifies.

Thanks, appreciate it! At this point it looks like if I do go I'll base myself out of Seattle, have contacts there, if I make the trip at all.

Cheers

Matt

I'm minutes away from New York. I'm somewhat in the burbs where I can bust a six pack of Guiness and contemplate my latest creation in sublimity. Y'all didn't think I stopped, did ya?

If anyone is coming through Winnipeg  [ Downtown ] Canada , I'll show ya around and offer
as much hospitality as I can at the time [ couch is o.k. ? ]
Hope you find a connection Matta

Back