low profile O.E.P.s

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhaible

I've used some OEP transformes that can be bought from farnell and RS components, and I have seen various discussions on this forum about them. (Talking about these )

But has anybody tried their other product range, called "low profile"?

They look interesting because two of them are high Z.

I'm quite sceptical about the data, though. 1% THD ad "20dB" (dB what?),
and at what frequency? Is this possible in such a small transformer?

Anybody had some first-hand experience with these?

JH.

No first-hand experience.

1:1 10K:10K
20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.2 dB
THD < 1% @ +20 dB
Common Mode Rejection Ratio < -60dB @ 10 kHz
Fitted with an electrostatic screen and stray flux screen

THD < 1% @ +20 dB
This must refer to 20dB over 775mV. Probably at lowest measured frequency, i.e. 20Hz.

And yes, this is possible - look at e.g. the small Beyer transformers used extensively in Studer stuff..

They look quite interesting.. Do you have any sources for these?

Jakob E.

[quote author="gyraf"]
THD < 1% @ +20 dB
This must refer to 20dB over 775mV. Probably at lowest measured frequency, i.e. 20Hz.

And yes, this is possible - look at e.g. the small Beyer transformers used extensively in Studer stuff..[/quote]

I also thought this must be a voltage-related dB figure; gives much better figures than power-related dBm on a high impedance transformer. But they also write the same 20dB for the 600R type of the same series. Strange.

They look quite interesting.. Do you have any sources for these?

Not really. I've talked to them on the phone last year, asking how to attach the shield can, and they told me the transformers (talking about the RS / Farnell types) are also available directly from OEP, and with the shield already mounted. *But* I was calling for Siemens then (we used the transformers for measurements), not as a private person.

JH.

I have a low impedance 1:1 , 600:600 Z model Z3001C. It´s not that small. In fact it´s almost the same size than the A262 series. Just a little bit smaller.

Much bigger than beyer stuff.

I´m going to try it as a 1:1 mic input transformer soon. This will be my next, ater I´m finished with this:

http://hps.infolink.com.br/rafafredd/bd1_bd47.jpg

:green: :green: :thumb:

[quote author="rafafredd"]I have a low impedance 1:1 , 600:600 Z model Z3001C. It´s not that small. In fact it´s almost the same size than the A262 series. Just a little bit smaller.
[/quote]

But the A262 series is specified as 1mW @30Hz, 100mW @300Hz.

If the flat ones can do "20dB" (dBm, dBu, dBV, choose one) on 600R
@20Hz, then they would be a lot more powerful than the A262, wouldn't they ??

JH.

Of course, if the "+20dB(m)" figure applies to 300Hz, too, then this would make sense. But it would be quite misleading.

JH.

[quote author="rafafredd"]I´ll make some tests with mine when I get some freetime.[/quote]

Take your time. Nothing urgent or such.

JH.

Those little Beyerdynamic TXs are awsome. My 3M M79 (tape machine) has some little canned ones mounted on the record/repro electronics PCBs which aren't any bigger than some of electrolytic capacitors. :thumb:

Does anyone know where to buy Beyer trannies in small or single quantities? I'm also curious about these low profile OEPs.

They doesn´t lists it at the site, but I´m quite sure they carries many beyer transformer...

http://www.pro-audio.electricsound.com/BEYER/BEYER-Conferentie.html

Try email

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Hoof, Beyer USA out in Farmingdale will sell them to you.[/quote]
That's what rafafredd's recommended source told me. Thanks! Sorry for hijacking the thread, everyone :wink:.

Latest posts

Back