Here are schematics for ADR Gemini Easy Rider compressor.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Thanks to Niko, who kindly posted me photocopies of these diagrams, here are the circuits for the ADR Gemini compressor.

http://homepage.mac.com/agenttriez/

I got one recently, as I use an ADR Vocal Stresser all the time, and I hope that this will have a similar character, but stereo. It is an all discrete FET design, the only chips in the unit are the meter drivers. I haven't heard it properly yet as it needs some service, currently the left and right channels are uneven, but a re-cap, re-trimpot and some new pots and a calibration should see to that. Oddly enough for ADR it is unbalanced, but if it sounds good I will soon fix that!

I haven't posted the PCB layout, it looks a little busy to reproduce well, lots of stuff overlayed onto it, but the PCB is silkscreened, so anyone servicing one shouldn't have a problem. The schematic shows 1 of 2 channels, each channel has identical component numbers/designations.

Wow,

Thanks Steve! I love the ADR gear, and thanks too for the Compex documents- my copy is a little dog-eared to say the least!

Great stuff.

Mark

If anyone needs the EQ section of the F769X-R I have it also, but it is printed on some wierd old blueprint paper that I think will not reproduce very well. I have to strain to read it as is.

Thanks Steve,

I did send out this information to everybody who wanted it last year Mr. gyraf Jakob should have this stocked somewhere as well as I send him the scans..never made it to his HP though..;-) lazy bastard.. :grin:

Thanks again Steve..I have a couple of these comps that I use, and like a lot...

Kind regards

Peter

Hey steve

have try to load it , but it seems that the link is gone
can somebody send me a copy of it aswell at
htgerbenzon(at)hotmail(dot)com

Latest posts

Back