Lorlin Header PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

All but one of the Lorlin  header PCBs I had made for the group buy have now gone. Although that design produced very cheap boards, I find them rather awkward to cut into two. So I was wondering if there was any interest in an updated design. I was thinking in terms of of a ready scored PCB with say four switches on it. With four per PCB we should still get reasonable economies of scale and the scoring will made separating them a lot easier.

Any interest??

Cheers

Ian

Hm I could use a few of them.

A was also thinking about a small pcb for a 1x12 Lorlin switch and resistors (soldered to the backside of the board) to easily create a stepped attenuator (would be better than soldering all the resistors directly to the switch)

Majestic12 said:
Hm I could use a few of them.

A was also thinking about a small pcb for a 1x12 Lorlin switch and resistors (soldered to the backside of the board) to easily create a stepped attenuator (would be better than soldering all the resistors directly to the switch)

The current design has an area where you can fit resistors but it is a bit awkward. With the addition of a few extra pads it could become quite simple. Good idea.

Cheers

Ian

I know this is an old thread, but I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder if there are pcb's for Lorlin switches to use them in other builds in place of pots for stepped gain". So what ever came of this? Are these available anywhere?

Ryan

FarisElek said:
I know this is an old thread, but I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder if there are pcb's for Lorlin switches to use them in other builds in place of pots for stepped gain". So what ever came of this? Are these available anywhere?

Ryan

I had a bunch of 1 pole 12 way PCBs made back in 2016. I have never used any so I don't even know if they work. They have provisions for up to 13 resistors and bring out the top and bottom resistors and the switch wiper out to a 3 pin Molex connector. You should be able to make both attenuators and stepped EQ controls using this board.

If you want to try some out I am happy to send you a few for free.

Cheers

Ian

Hi
Does anyone have a few Lorlin switch PCBs?
I’m planning to build a pair of Ian’s EMI EQs but the Lorlin switch PCBs weren’t available from him when I got the main EQ PCBs from him. And they were untested?
Probably easier for me with a PCB than direct wiring it.

thanks!

Latest posts

Back