ADM Schmatics/Wiring Diagrams

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedug

Anybody have any info on the ADM modules?

I am trying to rack up some.

d./

If no one here has them, I may be able to turn them up. There's a tech here in Detroit that loves that ADM stuff. He has two consoles and has done some mods to both.

I have some of those modules I've been playing around with the eq. Its really close in design to NYD's EQ. The Q is very steep. I will be putting Q pots in the cap/inductor path.

I'm rebuilding a whole broadcast console. I have to bypass the VCA in the pres I have... there are different versions of the mic pres.

I too am looking for schemos. I think I may have found some. I'll let you know.

The guy I bought them from sent some schematics, but they are incomplete and no wiring diagram for the mic pre.

d./

Cool.

Based on what I've already found, these modules that I have (the 200) aren't transformer coupled.

Are they not as good?

Which are the best ones?

d./

Ive got a 780 and a 2780, both of which I like. They both hard, bright sounding pres, and I usually use em on vocals or on anything thats a bit soft and doesnt need any more 'warming up'.

The 780 has only and input xformer but the 2780 has both input and output xform, however theres space on the board of the 780 for an output xform.

Joe racked them for me into a frankenstein box with some other cool pres a few years ago - theres a pic on this page if you scroll down a bit.
http://www.jlmaudio.com/neveracks.htm

I think theyre a good bargain pre, cause theyre often around for <$100, but theyre not somthing id use 8 of. Not that they dont sound great, just I tend to use more soundy pres more often.

M

Yeah, unfortunately I have the 200 version of the eq and it has 0 transformers.

I was told these units sound neveish. But based on what you are saying, this isn't the case.

No, totally the opposite of Neve. Theyre great together tho; drums and guitars with Neve and vocals with ADM works great.

Never used the eq, but i think they were meant to be inserted unbalanced into the mic pre module, hence the lack of transformers. Itd be easy to add them if you want balanced, of course. Or you could use any mic pre with an insert point...

From memory they dont have the ADM descrete opamp either, which i think is a big part of the mic pre's sound.

Its pretty under-rated gear tho IMO.

M

What does have the op amp? I need to crack mine open, but my mic pre is supposed to have the op amp in it.

All the mic pres should, both of mine do. Its built out in the open, no epoxy block so itd be easy to draw out, but ive got the circuit for it (i think, its been a while) anyway. Id still like to pull one out (theyre soldered in) and try it on a 99v board, just to see what they sound like without the all other ICs after them.

M

Also looking for a double-page scan of the ADM780 component layout and schematic (103189) for the black-panel ADM780's. I wanna undo some mods and stick some original iron at the output. thx

Good news,

I also have a couple of ADM 780s w/ 1540 eqs that I`d like to rack and add trafo out.

Best Regards,

Synthi

I recently purchased an ADM console that appears to be an S/TV 16 broadcast console. The desk was previously installed at the QVC TV studios in Florida. The console arrived with a brown ADM binder labeled S /TV that is probably the one that originally came with it. It has many schematics but unfortunately, it's missing the most important ones like the input module, fader module, and equalizer. My tech contacted QVC, they remembered the console and tried to help, but couldn't come up with anything.

The console is basically working but there are problems with level discrepancies and crosstalk that are difficult to fix without schematics. The tech hand drawn some of it himself, but it's slow going.

Do you have any idea where we might find the missing schematics? The fader module is marked 713 (723 for stereo), the input module is M2717, the EQ I'm not sure but I can find out.

Any help in finding schematics would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Back