PDF output from protel...?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haima

another anoying little question - any protel users out there? how do you guy's get nice pdf's of the schems and board layouts?

some kind of pdf printer emulator or something?

or print to .ps file and convert?

just wondering...

Just print to a PS file and convert it to PDF with GhostScript.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I use PDF995, it looks like a printer to Protel or any other application. It prints direct to PDF file. Very nice. There're other that do the same thing, but not as cheap as PDF995.

cheers!
Fabio

haima

Get Acrobat the real thing NOT THE READER.
It will have two ways to make a PDF, the standard PDF printer.
And Distiller which will make PDFs from postscript files.

Works great does cost though.

Good transformers and software do cost money!

As above I use ACROBAT but only loaded the printer plug.

PDFwriter comes up as a printer choice and then directly loads into the reader as you print.

I use this for CM2000 and all Windoze apps. This is also how I make the manuals. Scan the pages and OCR to text and then paste into a Word doc to get control of formatting etc ... insert the diagrams as pictures and then print to PDF.

Sometimes the diagrams get a vertical line down the side. I haven't worked out what causes this ??

thanks folks! i think i'll try and use the print to .ps and ghostscript option first as i'm broke and need money for diy!

on my osx machine printing to pdf is part of the os - very nice... but i fired up my old windows box to do some layouts and stuff. hence the problems..

many thanks. i love this place!

If you can find Arobat 3.0 on the web as a free download, it comes with a free distiller!
that was until they got smart and started charging in the later revs.
cj

Latest posts

Back