G7: tube socket, cable

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hg_man

I'm having a little trouble locating the Noval socket for the EF86 - this one isn't Noval, so will it do? Is the EF86 a miniture tube? I expect it is...

http://www.tubedepot.com/sk-9pinpcg.html

Also, for the cable, will this Mogami cable from Redco work? MOG W2932 is the stock number.

Thank you!

Alden

To me this looks like a noval socket,
but the pins wont fit into a pcb.
Are you working with a pcb or point to point?

[quote author="hg_man"]I'm having a little trouble locating the Noval socket for the EF86 - this one isn't Noval, so will it do? Is the EF86 a miniture tube?[/quote]
What you call miniature in the US is called noval in Europe - a miniature tube here is the seven pin type.

For a big selection in tube sockets (and probably one that fits) look here: http://tubesandmore.com/

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Re Noval = miniture: OK, that explains why a Google for "Noval" and "socket" only gave me European sites.

Thanks for all the tips, and I found the 3172 cable at Redco - silly me, I ignored the Mic Cables section figuring that all the stock would be balanced cable for XLR's. In any case I would have passed over the 3172 because it has 6 conductors and I would have been looking for 7, not realizing (without the handy spec sheet from Canford) that it's 6 + shield.

Thanks again! My parts list is done, now I just have to be able to afford them...

If there's interest, I'll post my parts list in addition to the ones that have been posted already.

Alden

Thank you for the parts list. I had a few parts I just couldn't find.

You were looking for Neutrik parts on your list:

nc7md-L-1-b I found this at thebroadcastshop.com
it may have the other neutriks you were looking for if not
here is where I bought mine

audiogear.com

thank you again,

Patina

Well alright! There they all are, one-stop shopping!

Thanks, Patina - glad I could help you locate some of yours.

Alden

Back