Rohde & Schwarz U23 limiter: help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-A-R

Hey gang,

Have a pair of these limiters that need love. Anyone have any doc's or Schematics?? Got them to power up. They pass audio in bypass and compress, but when switched to Limit, nothing....on compress they will grab a transient and go into DEEP gain reduction then release it over 5 or so seconds. They use a gang of tele EF804S's........heres a link to a pic:

http://www.bavodekker.com/u23.html

I started re-capping but am hessitant (dont want to damage any of those transformers!)

Any info appreciated!!

B :grin:

Aww great!!! Shoot me a PM if you get a chance to scan em, appreciate it!!Let me know if you're looking for anything! b

Good news!! Quick update!!

Ended up having Martin Eich go through em and just got them home, WOW!! Some attack and release mods added and these things sound amazing. Anyone know about the VACUVOX mod and whos doing them>? Cant find any info....thnx!

Yea, got lucky...but they needed a complete go-thru...Gene Holder sold them to me off of evilbay like 2 or 3 years ago and they are finally getting some action...Anyone know about this VACUVOX mod someones doing??

There was one on ebay for a sec last month...the guy ended the auction early...said someone from the USA offered him $1000 for it and he thought that was a fair price... ;-)) lucky him!

I will say they are very transparent right up until falling apart... they dont do that lush 670 'crush' they just crap out, but man they really add big fatness to a vocal or a whole mix.....

Just a few observations in case anyone is temped to spend serious $$ on them..

Darius

I have on my bench at the moment a Siemens V274. It is different to the the one that you have documentation on your site for !! It works when connected the same way, but has no level control on the front & looks just different inside. I was wondering if you had any other V274 stuff tha was n't on the site ??

rob,

there´s three different circuits of the v274 - i also have the version without the pot, v274 III.
it´s mentioned in the siemens v274 manual on kubarths site.

-max

Latest posts

Back