Mackie 1640i insert mod to firewire

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestudio

Has anyone done this mod to a 1640i ?? ::)  I called Mackie who said I can get a schematic in a week after filing out a disclosure ........a week to email a schematic which I'm sure not the only person with this request?  :eek:

It's got to be a couple jumper wires and some scratched traces...... ::)

Mackie service is awful  :mad:....the person can't release the info for the mod but can guide me to some company that over charges and does a shitty job!!! I do my own work!!!  ;)

Is it just me or does anyone else think that's fairly reasonable. Why should they as a company tell you gow to modify their product to function outside it's design, possibly leading to damage to the unit? At least they're giving you a schematic, most companies wont unless you're an authorized repair tech.

They probably referred you to the other company for modding, since they don't know you or your abilities and would rather see a professional doing such things.

That's my feelings on it.

I've done it  a few times.
Mackie service were very helpful to me and provided the schematic for the specific parts i needed after filling in an NDA.
Its pretty easy mod, just need some ribbon cable and a IDC connector.
I can do it for you... ;)

gemini86 said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that's fairly reasonable. Why should they as a company tell you gow to modify their product to function outside it's design, possibly leading to damage to the unit? At least they're giving you a schematic, most companies wont unless you're an authorized repair tech.

They probably referred you to the other company for modding, since they don't know you or your abilities and would rather see a professional doing such things.

That's my feelings on it.

Then the company Mackie shouldn't advertise modifications in the manual genesis!!!!! ::)  Also, Mackie makes you sign off on the modification so if your not capable as yourself and burn through the circuit board your screwed!!!! :eek: My beef is that I have to wait  a week for a schematic which could of been emailed instantly and the actual modification wasn't released but referred to another shop!!!! As I said I do my own work and don't trust someone else modifying my equipment!!!! Simple Chief!!!! ;)

mrclunk said:
I've done it  a few times.
Mackie service were very helpful to me and provided the schematic for the specific parts i needed after filling in an NDA.
Its pretty easy mod, just need some ribbon cable and a IDC connector.
I can do it for you... ;)

Why would I have you do it for me???? :eek:  Comprehend what I said ??? It seems there's no help here but people trying to make a buck!!! this place has changed over the years!

thestudio said:
Then the company Mackie shouldn't advertise modifications in the manual genesis!!!!! ::)  Also, Mackie makes you sign off on the modification so if your not capable as yourself and burn through the circuit board your screwed!!!!

Face it, it would be easier for Mackie to not suggest the mods in their manuals and not recommend a tech to do that work.

In any case, doing the mods would void the warranty, and they are trying to save you from yourself AND warn you that if you do the mod and you fuck it up and send it back, they're going to swap out the board for a new one and charge you for it.

Maybe you're a competent tech. They have no way of knowing that.

:eek: My beef is that I have to wait  a week for a schematic which could of been emailed instantly and the actual modification wasn't released but referred to another shop!!!! As I said I do my own work and don't trust someone else modifying my equipment!!!! Simple Chief!!!! ;)

Methinks you really doth protest too much. Call, say, uh, Behringer and ask for a schematic and see how far you get.

-a

Andy Peters said:
thestudio said:
Then the company Mackie shouldn't advertise modifications in the manual genesis!!!!! ::)  Also, Mackie makes you sign off on the modification so if your not capable as yourself and burn through the circuit board your screwed!!!!

Face it, it would be easier for Mackie to not suggest the mods in their manuals and not recommend a tech to do that work.

In any case, doing the mods would void the warranty, and they are trying to save you from yourself AND warn you that if you do the mod and you f**k it up and send it back, they're going to swap out the board for a new one and charge you for it.

Maybe you're a competent tech. They have no way of knowing that.

:eek: My beef is that I have to wait  a week for a schematic which could of been emailed instantly and the actual modification wasn't released but referred to another shop!!!! As I said I do my own work and don't trust someone else modifying my equipment!!!! Simple Chief!!!! ;)

Methinks you really doth protest too much. Call, say, uh, Behringer and ask for a schematic and see how far you get.

-a

It seems many need to learn how to comprehend and not reiterate what was previous posted........

"In any case, doing the mods would void the warranty"  Wow, really? That's why Mackie makes you sign a waver..... comprehend the previous post :eek:
"Maybe you're a competent tech. They have no way of knowing that"  That's why Mackie makes you sign a waver..... comprehend the previous post :eek:

ruairioflaherty said:
thestudio said:
Why would I have you do it for me???? :eek:  Comprehend what I said ??? It seems there's no help here but people trying to make a buck!!! this place has changed over the years!

Bollocks.

You prove my point...........suck it!! :eek:

thestudio,
If you're a competent tech why not open up the mixer and trace a channel. You'll find where you need to tap off to the firewire board. Its not hard...

Well, I'm sorry to see this kind of thread appear here... I was hoping I'd never see the day we turned into GS.

I apologize for my comments and for not being super helpful.

gemini86 said:
Well, I'm sorry to see this kind of thread appear here... I was hoping I'd never see the day we turned into GS.

I apologize for my comments and for not being super helpful.

One thread out of hundreds doesn't make this place GearSlutz.

I hope.

-a

I've been posting on this site just as long as most of you (2004) and to save time which is limited asked if anyone has modified a 1640i. Since Mackie has advertised in the past on these mods it would seem to me that the company would release or convey either schematics or the mod? Again, to save
time ........ As stated in my first post Mackie would release schematics with an "release form" fine!!!! but it takes a week to email me the schematics? Again, trying to save time!!!!

Now, the first person "gemini86" to chime in who has a choice to not even comment but decides to give the righteous litany of how a company has the right to blah, blah, blah  ..... I assume none engineer who's never done the mod but seems to understand how business works? pass.......  :eek:

Then there "mrclunk" who's says he'll do it for me........ ::)

Then "Andy Peters"  who conveys that modifying could void the warranty....you think?? "wild coyote genius" ;D

The main post was trying to save time and if anyone has performed the mod to pass it along so I could save time.......  I could easily toot my horn on my capabilities but it seems that the present ego's from these few are enormous  ;)

I'm not a fan of GS but this thread started as a question that was turned useless w/o any answers ;)

Funny how I marked "liked" for my post and the reaction was even more hilarious  ;D  kids...... ;D

It is generally a waste of time and effort to complain about the web behavior of others.

Sorry you didn't get immediate satisfaction in response to your request. 

JR

JohnRoberts said:
It is generally a waste of time and effort to complain about the web behavior of others.

Sorry you didn't get immediate satisfaction in response to your request. 

JR

Wasn't looking for immediate satisfaction only if there was a person who maybe did the mod to post ......what I get is people who love to post with useless comments :eek:

Your attitude is unflattering and at this point you're embarrassing yourself by lashing out at others.

I suggest we all move on and keep to ourselves, if we don't have the answers needed to satisfy the original poster.

Then move on ..........why do you keep posting........ ::)

"if we don't have the answers"    ;D  I rather get an answer from an individual.  ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back