• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F.S. MCI JH 500 ch. strip, racked

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's like the 500 B channels strip I have, it's really an amazing sound!
Won over my API 3124 on acoustic and electric guitar and Piano!
Headroom for days, great eq
Very pure, at least on mine.
I'm in love with that thing

ram75 said:
If it's like the 500 B channels strip I have, it's really an amazing sound!
Won over my API 3124 on acoustic and electric guitar and Piano!
Headroom for days, great eq
Very pure, at least on mine.
I'm in love with that thing
This one is probably "C" or early "D". The "line in" on this particular module is transformer based, and it has brown face, so it looks like "D" but
topology is closer to earlier models. BTW  there are no big differences topology/parts wise among any of this modules apart from IC based line in on later (D) modules.
They run on +/-32-36VDC, have huge headroom and sound very nice. Most of the "D" series have IC based line input.

Mine is all transformer based as well (line & mic input, line output
It is truly amazing
highly recommended

Attachments

• mci channel strip.jpg
    mci channel strip.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 99
syn said:
This one is probably "C" or early "D". The "line in" on this particular module is transformer based, and it has brown face, so it looks like "D" but
topology is closer to earlier models. BTW  there are no big differences topology/parts wise among any of this modules apart from IC based line in on later (D) modules.
They run on +/-32-36VDC, have huge headroom and sound very nice. Most of the "D" series have IC based line input.

This is most likely a C.
A and B had line in transformers, but the mic pre is on the main board, not a daughterboard like the one here. They also had the cream faceplate. All of these have transformer in and out.
C had mic transformers and differential amp on line in (transformer as rare option).
D mostly have no mic or line transformers, but it was an option (most don't have them, especially on line in). They, like the C, also rely more on 5534 style opamps rather than the higher voltage MCI2002 used more often in the A and B. You can tell these visually by the aux switches, which are metal rather than pushbutton, but that part is cut off here. D also has fader after eq I think rather than before like A-C. Otherwise C and D are very similar. A and B are pretty different.

I have a 528c. Pres and eq especially are really fantastic.

Nice rack job here! This is a tough one because of the original module size and many voltages. Someone grab this!

PayPal is not money receive enabled  for Serbia yet, (I can send money, but I can not receive it).
Western Union is cheap and fast way to pay, and it can be done on line in some countries, if not all. Wire transfer rates vary from bank to bank.

I'm shipping immediately after received payment by registered air mail with tracking number.
If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask.

Latest posts

Back