G7 Mic Capsule voltage with a trimmer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marktokach

I see a lot of threads about changing, mostly lower capsule voltage for certain capsules. Is there a way to put a trimmer in the mic so it can be varied to use different capsules easily? There must be a good reason it can't be done or I would have seen it done here already. Just checking really.

A typical remote pattern select typically changes voltage on the rear diaphragm which provides the variable patterns.

I don't see why you couldn't also have a variable voltage trim for the backplate and even the front diaphragm if you have a blocking cap between FD and grid.

Add in a remote heater trim, a remote cathode trim, and a couple remote controlled relay's to switch front and back capsule in/out of ckt and we're really in business!

Going out on an edge here but a center terminated capsule on one side with edge terminated on the other and isolated BP's might also be sorta cool.

:)

Cheers,
jb

That's how modern AKG414 with pattern switching on the mike is done.  Look up old & new circuits.

Back